Hacking r4i gold really acekard?

sentra99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought what i thought was a r4i gold card from here http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.R4i_Gold...Si_DSi_XL-22965. The website listed on the cart is r4ids.com. But after trying to load several different wood firmwares. The only firmware i got that worked is akaio 1.8.1. Does this mean i have a acekard and not a r4 ? Also will it work in a dsi without blowing the dsi fuse? Sorry for all the questions just not sure what card i got
smile.gif

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it on a DSi.

There shouldn't be anything bad happen. If you don't feel safe trying it, don't do it.

sentra99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what would be a better card to get then the r4 that has wood support? really wish i would have took more time to research before buying. wont make that mistake again
smile.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cardchart.gif

Note that the prices given are from chinese shops.
If you order from a shop in another country it's more expensive.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i NDSLL", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution For DS".

The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play games on a DS/Lite.

[*]R4i Gold
The cheap card for somebody that wants to play games on a DSi with more storage.

[*]Acekard 2i
Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.

[*]EZ-Flash Vi
Higher-end card with even more features.

[*]Supercard DSTwo
Pretty much the ultimate card right now.
  • DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Auto Ap Bypass
    Some carts have special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first. The Acekard only has partial support for this right now.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Lightake said:
I'll consider remove this r4i gold v2.0 since it really confuses some people who are not familiar with these things.
Holy shit. A site that actually cares more about the customer and keeping a happy user-base (because they know it means more in the long run) than the prospect of an immediate $20?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Lightake said:
I'll consider remove this r4i gold v2.0 since it really confuses some people who are not familiar with these things.
Holy shit. A site that actually cares more about the customer and keeping a happy user-base (because they know it means more in the long run) than the prospect of an immediate $20?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended