Hacking R4i Gold Plus and YSMenu help

uberpubert69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many years ago I bought a R4i Gold Plus Deluxe edition package when it first came out and I gave it to my little brother to enjoy some pokemon. Apparently, he did something to not make it work anymore and I told him to try flashing the firmware back onto it using the adapter that it came with and he had lost the flasher. I finally managed to get him to clean his room and he finally found it and I was able to get a cached version of r4ids.com loaded up and grabbed the firmware and voila! Working flashcart! Really glad I went for the Deluxe version! lol

Since I've gotten it up and running again I was looking for different kernels/firmwares? to put on it other than what the dev team provided. I read that YSMenu is the most updated thing I can put on my cart for max compatibility. Only thing is, the website hosting YSMenu is gone, and the only thing I could find on filetemp was automated downloaders that try to grab from the host site which no longer exists.

Can anyone help me update this card? Maybe provide a link, or share your wisdom?

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by retrogamefan,
Reactions: uberpubert69

uberpubert69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you downloaded the latest kernel for your R4i Gold Plus from r4ids.com? Here is the link : http://r4ids.com/download/PLUS/r4i_gold_plus_v3_0.rar
Then you can update using my Latest DAT Update : RetroGameFan DAT Update v7.03 6563.2
Just extract to your PC and copy/replace the following 4 files from the DAT folder to the SYSTEM folder on your µSD : extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat, usrcheat.dat
Oh, man! I personally want to thank you for your the awesome work you've done for the DS Flashcart scene. I remember using your DATs even back when I first got this card! Thank you so much for the links and the refresh, its been a while! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-