Hacking R4i-gold.eu for 3ds wont work

Stefnie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody,

a friend suggested that I'd sign up with this incredible forum. I am really new to the r4 cards and i am having a problem. I have bought a nintendo 3ds with firmware 3.0.0.6-e. I have ordered an r4i gold 3ds card on the site www.r4i-gold.eu.

I have tried to use every firmware but everytime i get the same message "error occurred please hold down power button" I really dont what I do wrong. I unzip every file but it still wont work. I have an old ds which doesnt have the same problem. I tried to patch it with the ds but nothing works. I hope you all can help me out a bit because i am a bit of lost.

Thnx

Greetz

Stef

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
you need to apply the following update to the card

up3dsv30.zip

1.Make sure NDS was fully charged, better with external power pluged in
2.download the latest kernel 1.58b.
3. copy the file(up3dsv30.nds) to the root of MicroSD card.
4.Insert MicroSD card into r4i-gold 3DS card, insert r4i-gold 3DS card into nds
5.Turn on console and press "A" button to run the upgrade file up3dsv30.nds. Note:When upgrading the r4i-gold 3DS card, it is not allowed to turn off power or pull out r4i- gold 3DS card,otherwise it will damage the r4i-gold 3DS card.

vegasx

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry man but it doesn't work on a 3DS, only on NDSI.

Believe me, i have one of those and it worked excelent on my 3DS until this last update. I even tried updating with a DS with no avail. After a lot of searching I finally understood that the only solution was to buy a new card... I've already ordered a R4i GOLD 3DS from r4ids.cn.

Though luck :/

EDIT: The update will not run since it will say you've got the wrong chip. The update is from the japanese r4 (?I believe) don't know why they put it up.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Sorry man but it doesn't work on a 3DS, only on NDSI.

Believe me, i have one of those and it worked excelent on my 3DS until this last update. I even tried updating with a DS with no avail. After a lot of searching I finally understood that the only solution was to buy a new card... I've already ordered a R4i GOLD 3DS from r4ids.cn.

Though luck :/

EDIT: The update will not run since it will say you've got the wrong chip. The update is from the japanese r4 (?I believe) don't know why they put it up.

are you 100% sure you had it in THE ROOT of the SD card and not in any folder

the update is for this cart also and is not from another cards website

vegasx

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really remember it in full detail but when you boot up the update it shows a r4 jp url and then it just says wrong card or wrong chip.
It was indeed in the root of the card and I even tried it with moonshell and with a lot other attempts that didn't work.

I'm usually a lurker on this forum... I only bothered replying since I once was in a similar situation.
So to people with the same problem: Don't bother and start looking for a new card, because the card from www.r4i-gold.eu only works on NDS, NDSI etc. and doesn't work with 3DS.

P.S: The .txt of the update even says: "N3DS V3.0.0-5j hardware upgrade",notice the j? So you can try it anyways but it wont run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi +1