Soulspace Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, I have a flashcard from this site

http://r4i-gold.eu
(The one that do not have the 3DS tag)

Right now they still release new updates to stop that time bomb effect, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to boot directly into YsMenu or something, as right now, I can only use YsMenu (ysmenu? ttmenu? I don't even know if they're the same, sorry) by booting the official firmware and launching It as a .nds

I've seen similar threads but with other R4 clones, but it's really confusing because there are so many of them that I don't ever know which words/terms/models/firmware should I use to look information for this flashcard... I would appreciate a little help on this issue at least.

I tried renaming the TTMenu.dat to R4.dat, but did not work, It only gave me a white screen with a "Menu?" on the upper screen.

Here is what I have inside the microSD right now.
Every firmware only have these folders minus the TTMenu one and the R4.dat file.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 402
Last edited by Arubaro,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have never messed up with NDS on the 3DS... would you mind to explain more or less how it works?
I mean, just install the twloader and configure it to load the ysmenu in some way?

Reactions: RealityNinja

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have never messed up with NDS on the 3DS... would you mind to explain more or less how it works?
I mean, just install the twloader and configure it to load the ysmenu in some way?
That's right. Install twloader by scanning the two qr code (GUI and TWL NAND SIDE), then create a YSMENU.ini file, and write in it:

[FLASHCARD-ROM]
NDS_PATH = YSMENU.nds
BNR_TEXT1 =YS Menu
BNR_TEXT2 =ROM launcher
BNR_TEXT3 =Not Nintendo

Then, place it in sd_of_your_3ds/roms/flashcard/nds/YSMENU.ini
You need to place the YSMENU.nds file in the root of your flashcard sd card.

Then, launch twloader, push start and select game location: flashcard. Select YSmenu

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Use this as your dat file https://gbatemp.net/attachments/r4-dat-zip.44557/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And this card can run wood which has no timebomb and can boot dsiware games without crashing/freezing when saving http://www.3ds-cart.com/en/r4i-gold/8-r4i-gold-3ds-for-3ds-dsi-dsl.html
I tried using that R4.dat, but I got the same "Menu?" error mentioned on my post. I did not mention wood because I remember looking for a version compatible with my flashcard, but I did not find any

That's right. Install twloader by scanning the two qr code (GUI and TWL NAND SIDE), then create a YSMENU.ini file, and write in it:

[FLASHCARD-ROM]
NDS_PATH = YSMENU.nds
BNR_TEXT1 =YS Menu
BNR_TEXT2 =ROM launcher
BNR_TEXT3 =Not Nintendo

Then, place it in sd_of_your_3ds/roms/flashcard/nds/YSMENU.ini
You need to place the YSMENU.nds file in the root of your flashcard sd card.

Then, launch twloader, push start and select game location: flashcard. Select YSmenu
As it modifies the TWL_NAND, sould I dump a backup of the original first?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not needed. Just install it. If you want, make a backup of your nand.
I did it.
I have a little problem at first
(when I pressed START button to change game location to flashcard, then selected start, it goes to a loop or kinda)
but I solved it jus configuring all as you said and then renaming my TTMenu.nds to YsMenu.nds,
So I can boot the firmware I wanted without "going through" the original R4 firmware

Thank you guys!

Reactions: RealityNinja

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did it.
I have a little problem at first
(when I pressed START button to change game location to flashcard, then selected start, it goes to a loop or kinda)
but I solved it jus configuring all as you said and then renaming my TTMenu.nds to YsMenu.nds,
So I can boot the firmware I wanted without "going through" the original R4 firmware

Thank you guys!
You can stop the loop by holding the B button.

Reactions: Arubaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol