R4i Gold 3DSb

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by LordD, Aug 24, 2014.

1. LordD
    OP

LordD Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    Its been some time since I used my R4i Gold 3DSb and I can not recall which was the last firmware it is running. Since I am unable to flash the latest firmware from r4ids.cn I am assuming Its up-to-date but before I go cutting the pcb to use it on my 3DS again does any one know a way to check the firmware version to be sure?

2. AtomicScrap

AtomicScrap Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    New York, New York
    Why don't you just try to see if the damn card even works on the 3DS first...
    It won't bite.

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    What do you mean by "unable to flash the latest firmware"?
    Does the card check fail?
    Which revision do you have? It stands on the back and is a letter or number.

4. LordD
    OP

LordD Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    When it was tried in my 3DS it gave an error and had to hold the power button.

I thought it was a revision B but it has a C stamped on it.
    Yes when I tried to run the update on my DSL it would give a fail. The DSL file would give a Fail and nothing else, the DSi file gave fail and a Press A which did nothing.
    I tried flashing different versions of the Update (6.0 and 6.2) with no luck. I went ahead and cut the PCB like was directed in the readme in hopes I would be able to use it with my 3DS again but no luck on the 3DS still giving an error when I click the icon.

I did manage to find an option I think lists the firmware version on the card, its under Start>Help which says:
    Wood Akmenu 1.64 support:www.r4ids.cn
    HW: R4i Gold 3DSb
    SYS: NDSi 1.45 & 3DS6.2.0-12

My 3DS is running 6.3.012U so I guess it just doesnt support higher than 6.2 like r4ids.cn says it should.