Hacking R4i Gold 3DSb

LordD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been some time since I used my R4i Gold 3DSb and I can not recall which was the last firmware it is running. Since I am unable to flash the latest firmware from r4ids.cn I am assuming Its up-to-date but before I go cutting the pcb to use it on my 3DS again does any one know a way to check the firmware version to be sure?

LordD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it was tried in my 3DS it gave an error and had to hold the power button.

I thought it was a revision B but it has a C stamped on it.
Yes when I tried to run the update on my DSL it would give a fail. The DSL file would give a Fail and nothing else, the DSi file gave fail and a Press A which did nothing.
I tried flashing different versions of the Update (6.0 and 6.2) with no luck. I went ahead and cut the PCB like was directed in the readme in hopes I would be able to use it with my 3DS again but no luck on the 3DS still giving an error when I click the icon.

I did manage to find an option I think lists the firmware version on the card, its under Start>Help which says:
Wood Akmenu 1.64 support:www.r4ids.cn
HW: R4i Gold 3DSb
SYS: NDSi 1.45 & 3DS6.2.0-12

My 3DS is running 6.3.012U so I guess it just doesnt support higher than 6.2 like r4ids.cn says it should.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.