R4i Gold 3DS (r4i-gold.com) Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Avatar Korra, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Avatar Korra
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    Almost 2 years ago I purchased an r4i gold 3ds card there but never actually got to use it,
    the problem now is, that the site is down and thus the kernel downloads as well.
    the new site r4i-gold.me redirects you to the former site, so you're not able to download
    the kernel for the card whatsoever. I would gladly appreciate it if someone out there who
    still has the 1.80b kernel for the R4i Gold 3DS from r4i-gold.com could upload it.

2. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    try the downloads from R4ids.cn, I have their R4i Gold 3DS RTS card it uses wood as well should use the same kernel

3. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    this is the latest DS mode flash cart download http://filetrip.net/dl?FhXOBrY7vI
    Edit1: that's a patch check back in a few minutes.
    Edit2: that's the correct link sorry their page even confuses me

4. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    format your SD card with this tool using the Full(Overwrite) option https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
    it will fix any issues the card may run into

Rydian gave me the tool a while ago we figured out that different file system sizes have different issues for example using the windows internal formatting software on an 8GB MicroSD card instead of panasonic's won't let Golden Sun: Dark Dawn(Black Screen) but it boots up on a 16GB MicroSD card formatted by the windows internal formatting software but on the 16GB card try loading Konami Classic Series: Arcade Hits with the RTS(Real-Time-Save) function enabled the game will black screen turn off RTS it will work but then RTS is gone. using this tool I was able to overcome these issues, I hope the information I have left you helps out, it helped me and my friend out a great deal.

Thank you again Rydian for showing me the panasonic SD Card Formatter