R4I GOLD 3DS DELUXE QUESTION

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hitsuagaya, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Hitsuagaya
    OP

Hitsuagaya GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2009
    United States
    Somewhere
    Hey guys haven't been on the 3DS scene in a while just hopped on to check what I can do with what I got right now. Recently ordered the Gateway so not planning on keeping this god forsake clone much longer but just had a few questions. Is it safe for me to update my R4I from 3.3b to 4.0b2 without fear of bricking my 3DS? I remember maybe a year or two ago there was a big buzz about a brick on firmware 3.2 so I quickly swapped it for 3.3b. I checked the gbatemp wiki on the R4I but it doesn't have an absolute answer on the topic.

My last question for you wonderful people is what is my potential gain going to the latest firmware in terms of games, I'm 90% sure from surfing the forums that I still can't play pokemon xy :( but what other games are now available on the latest firmware on R4I (unless its brick firmware in which case gateway please hurry to my mailbox!)

Sincerely, a kid who's been on and off gbatemp for too many years xD

Margarine67 likes this.
  2. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    How long exactly :P? R4i gold 3ds deluxe is a clone of gateway. Use CFW, free and you don't need a flashcard

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Hitsuagaya
    OP

Aug 15, 2009
    United States
    Somewhere
    What is CFW and how does it work??

4. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    (You need to be a firmware 9.2 to be able to do this, if not, the same guy has a tutorial on how to downgrade your 3DS to 9.2)
    Without A9LH/with Menuhax:

If you want A9LH:

5. Hitsuagaya
    OP

Aug 15, 2009
    United States
    Somewhere
    I'm bumping this thread because I just wanted to know if there are any games that I can play recently released on the 3DS for the R4I GOLD 3DS?

6. Reitel

Reitel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Mexico
    Mexico City, Mexico
    If the game ask for a firmware above 7.0 most likely you can't play it (some of the older of them can be played, but recently realesed definitely not), they changend their encryption scheme (or something like that) and the old gateway clones never implemented a fix.

As stated above, just switch to a free cfw.

7. Hitsuagaya
    OP

Aug 15, 2009
    United States
    Somewhere
    Are backups playable on free cfw?

8. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Yes every game is supported and they are installed as .cia files (using FBI or devmenu) and you can download them on that ISO site. It is also 100% safe to play online with no modification needed to the .cia files.

Last edited by 4gionz, Apr 28, 2016
  9. Hitsuagaya
    OP

Aug 15, 2009
    United States
    Somewhere
    I'm on 4.4.0-10U and I've done the "hack" for using R4I GOLD 3DS DELUXE. Can I still apply CFW?