R4i Gold 1.4.1e update problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jasperkm, Jan 28, 2011.

Jan 28, 2011

R4i Gold 1.4.1e update problem by jasperkm at 6:40 PM (1,937 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jasperkm
    OP

Newcomer jasperkm Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello everyone

I have a question regarding the R4i gold card for nintendo dsi. It's for my little brother...
    So he accidently updated his DS to version 1.4.1 and now, when he tries to load up his R4i card it gives the message:
    ''An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.''
    So I did some research and found that there was a fix for this: a .nds file that updates your R4i gold to make it work with the 1.4.1
    perfect I thought, but the thing is: I cant even get into the card, so I cant start the .nds file to update the kernel!
    I see all these video's on youtube how people update it but I cant update it because I cant open the card...

I have a DS lite with which (is said) I can update the R4i gold kernel but I dont know how to do that, since a DS lite wont run the R4i gold flashcard...

So can any of you please help me and my lil brother to fix this issue??

Thank you very much in advance!

Jasper

2. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    the ds lite can run the r4i gold

just put the update file on your micro sd
    put your micro sd in your r4i gold
    put your r4i gold in your ds lite
    select the update file
    follow the direction and you're done

3. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Any DSi cart works on a DS lite just use the DS lite to update for 1.4.1 [​IMG]

4. jasperkm
    OP

Newcomer jasperkm Newbie

Netherlands
    What kernel should I use to run the R4i gold on my ds lite, the r4i gold kernel or my wood r4 kernel??
    Because when I use the R4i gold kernel it just hangs at the loading screen...

5. AMURILLO

Newcomer AMURILLO Newbie

United Kingdom
    I also have te same problem but my problem is i have a NDSXL,is there a way to be able to use this card on there now