R4i firmware update

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Rhcpmikey, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2009

R4i firmware update by Rhcpmikey at 11:38 AM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Rhcpmikey

Newcomer Rhcpmikey Member

May 21, 2009
    Okay, i now got the R4i for 60 minutes and updating the firmware, because it keep saying "loading". I got all the stuff from the firmware on my usb stick, but it still doesn't work. I got the maps: moonshl2 and R4iMenu and the document R4.dat. What must i do?
  2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    The very first mistake was buying an R4 anything. Anything labeled "R4" is a clone or fake nowadays. The REAL R4 team disbanded over a year ago. There are way too many flashcarts out there calling themselves "R4". What has likely happened is that you downloaded the wrong firmware loader for your particular cart.

The best I can tell you is that if you got a box with your R4, look on the box and make sure you downloaded the firmware from whatever URL is listed on it. That is likely the only firmware that will work for it. Another option is YSmenu, though if you can't get the official firmware to work for it, YSmenu probably would be out of the question too.

There is always a possibility that the cart you bought is defective or a straight-up fake that will never work.

The search button at the top of the forum is your friend, please use it.

This is a very common question. As such, this thread will now be locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.