aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i need some help.

i have a r4i 3ds rts official flashcart this one without wifi logo https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146

i have been using it for past 1 year. i can access and play all my games on ds lite.

but now after one year when i am inserting the microsd card back on the pc the pc says the card has been corrupted. i have tried multiple readers. also there is no issue with the pc and i have tried a different pc as well

so can anyone help and tell how to recover my data. i can still play the games on the ds but i cannot access the card on pc

thanks in advance

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i need some help.

i have a r4i 3ds rts official flashcart this one without wifi logo https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146

i have been using it for past 1 year. i can access and play all my games on ds lite.

but now after one year when i am inserting the microsd card back on the pc the pc says the card has been corrupted. i have tried multiple readers. also there is no issue with the pc and i have tried a different pc as well

so can anyone help and tell how to recover my data. i can still play the games on the ds but i cannot access the card on pc

thanks in advance
If your SD card is corrupted or not working properly, I recommend doing a format on it, if that doesn't work I recommend a more hardcore method of formatting.

Run diskpart to format the SD card that won't format

Step 1. Press Windows key and R key at the same time, type cmd in the Run box, hit Enter to open command prompt(cmd.exe).
Step 2. Type diskpart to run Diskpart Utility.
Step 3. Type list disk to list the drives on the computer.
Step 4. Type select disk 1 (The number should be replaced by the exact drive number of your SD card).
Step 5. Type clean to run the clean utility (this will wipe all data on the SD card so make sure you saved a copy or backup of the card data).
Step 6. Type create partition primary to create a new partition on the SD card.
Step 7. Type select partition 1 (it should be the newly created partition on step 6).
Step 8. Type active to make the partition active.
Step 9. Type format fs=ntfs (or format fs=fat32)to format the partition to the desired file system.

I am sure there is a much simpler method but since I know how to use the PC well this is the method I used on my old class 4 Kingston SD card. Even though the title says "Run diskpart to format the SD card that won't format" you can still use this method just to be on the safe side.

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply but i was wondering how to recover my ds saves. formatting is not an issue recovering my years of ds saves is an issue. i can access the card and the saves and the games on the ds lite but i cannot transfer those saves. is there a utility or hardware on ds lite/dsi which allows access of flashcart (like slot 2 accessing slot 1 or dsi sd cart accessing flashcard)???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.