Hacking R4i 3DS Gold Plus - Can't install boot9strap

Negligible

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After taking forever realizing that nothing was happening with my MicroSD as it is a XC card and I needed to format it Fat32, I finally got the boot9strap screen to come up after using the magnet exploit. I can never get it past the 2nd check: "MicroSD Card : init failed"

I just can't figure it out... I wasted so much time on this. Can anyone explain why it's failing on this check and what I can do. It failed at that check with both the recommended downloads on the guide on the R4i website and as well with the downloads that 3dsGuide recommended for my version (Soundhax method)....

I'd appreciate it alot. Thanks.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After taking forever realizing that nothing was happening with my MicroSD as it is a XC card and I needed to format it Fat32, I finally got the boot9strap screen to come up after using the magnet exploit. I can never get it past the 2nd check: "MicroSD Card : init failed"

I just can't figure it out... I wasted so much time on this. Can anyone explain why it's failing on this check and what I can do. It failed at that check with both the recommended downloads on the guide on the R4i website and as well with the downloads that 3dsGuide recommended for my version (Soundhax method)....

what version is your console firmware at right now?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using a card larger than 32GB. I've read about people failing with large cards. Try it with the 4GB that came with the 2/3DS or another small card.

brickmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Hi Negligible, the key to this problem maybe the type of card you have - XC being over 32GB. I just checked a site which says they are compatible with HC cards which is up to and including 32GB. Hope this helps :)
R4i Gold Plus Functuality: (from ht**://3ds-flashcard.cc****)
  • Works perfectly and directly on 2DS/New 2DS (XL)/3DS/New 3DS on firmware versions 11.9.0-42X to all below.
  • Works perfectly and directly on DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi (XL) on firmware version 1.4.5X or below.
  • Supports the latest version of the Wood R4 kernel.
  • Works with any MicroSDHC card in Fat16 or Fat32 (Up to 32GB)

Last edited by brickmaker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte