Hacking R4i 3DS card - questions

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I purchased a 3DS yesterday on firmware 4.1 and it will be arriving tomorrow. I also purchased a Gateway card which has yet to arrive. Years ago I purchased a card for use with my DS Lite. I have just taken it out of the Lite and realised it is an R4i 3DS card (see picture below). I am very new to this scene so I am wondering if this could be used as a suitable replacement for the Gateway. I am very paranoid about the bricking scenario too. It seems similar to the one mentioned in this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/comparison-of-3ds-flash-carts-features-1-16-14.358243/ but it isn't Gold Deluxe. The thread states that version 3.0 is "based on Gateway v2.0b1".
Will this work and is it safe? Can it play the same 3DS games which the Gateway can? Also will I be able to play regular DS roms on it too, as I currently do?

Apologies for all the questions, I'm just baffled and surprised that I've had this card all along.

Cheers

card10.jpg

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the card in the picture that you posted is a standard ds card to play ds roms only

the gateway card if your paranoid about the bricking stick to the lower firmwares as mentioned in other threads here on gbatemp. stick with either 1.2 (stable just doesn't support the newer games like Zelda a link between worlds) or 2.01b (little buggy but safe and does support Zelda a link between worlds)

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for clearing that up. I will definitely be sticking to the lower firmwares, I was just unsure if that card could be used for 3DS games too. Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo