R4DS WITH SDHC SUPPORT FINALLY RELEASED

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by clubmania, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2008
  1. clubmania
    OP

Newcomer clubmania Newbie

United States
    Just seen that the R4DS with SDHC support with upto 32gb capicity is now out.
    A friend of mine has one with an 8gb SD card ..he got his from the US So yipeee can not wait to get my hands on one of these!
    I have looked around for one, and only place I found so far that will have them is www.tekphobia.co.uk The official R4DSHC website gives you more information.

2. Gab

Newcomer Gab Advanced Member

Hong Kong
    "We are taking Pre-orders now - Estimated Delivery w/c 11th August 2008."
    Well if the price is still low for this one, it might go against some of the cheaper cards with SDHC support.
    However, they also have to put new features in to be competetive.

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Those are fake!

There are no official R4s with SDHC support.

4. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    it is a CLONE/FAKE R4
    DON'T GET IT

5. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    qft.

6. Nintenterd

Newcomer Nintenterd Advanced Member

Canada
    Lol actualy the R4 team Released a R4 that supports SDHC, its called R4 Version 3? i think, You can go to this website (R4ds-Forums.com) and see for urself..

7. clubmania
    OP

Newcomer clubmania Newbie

United States
    i have seen one for real, and it does work I tried both kingston and sandisk sdhc card in it and no problems at all- My be they are fake, but I doubt it pretty much as there have been loads of rumours arond since febuary that they were releasing these.
    To be honest this may explain why the cost of the R4 card came down so heavily over the last 2-3 months.

8. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    There is no such thing as an R4 that supports SDHC. Any that claim they are, are simply fakes.
    Do NOT buy these, there is a chance that they will damage your game systems.

9. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    Why's this in GBA emulation?

10. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The same reason the original poster believes there are genuine SDHC R4 cards, lack of brain power.

11. Gab

Hong Kong
    The user is most likely new and made a mistake. A proper solution for this is to notify a staff member for it to be moved if it bothers you.

There is already EDGE anyway and other cheap cards with more features than R4 and SDHC support. If these are fake, it will lose the thing that R4 has that made it survive, the supports and updates.

12. PizzaPasta

United States
    Hey, thanks for the tip. It's good to know that you're comfortable enough around here that you can start telling people what to do.

13. Gab

Hong Kong
    Sorry if it feels like I'm ordering you around. Please don't look at it that way.
    But to be honest, yes I'm quite confident to be around here for reasons I wish not to disclose right now.

And to be back on topic, I'd like to know why most of the topic creator's posts are about this so-called SDHC R4... copy-pasted too, linking to the same sites which supposedly sell these cards.

14. SonicRax

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    Sorry to burst teh bubble, but like many people said, this particular "R4DS" is fake. ._. This, and the "R4 Version 3" are both counterfeit products, the Version 3 is such a bad clone that the firmware number just randomly jumped to V3.01 from V1.18. xD

15. gamedreamer

Newcomer gamedreamer Newbie

United States
    Guys have a look at this, it's called R4 III, supported to 8GB MicroSDHC card.
    And also there are some N5 DS are available.
    And all of them are at a very good price. Any one got experience here?

16. PizzaPasta

United States
    I think you said it with your previous post. He/she/it's new. This happens around here a lot, someone creates an account just to spam as many questions as they can is as many different threads as they can. So, you can see why it's easier to resort to the subtle flaming that I exhibited earlier.

New users like you are are rare and users like the topic creator are a dime a dozen. They'll spam as much as they can until they decide whatever card they want, then they'll spam about where to buy and then about postage and then about whether or not they have to be there to sign when the package arrives and then they'll go away until they can't get a ROM to load or they'll want to know if you can emulate the N64, GBA or Gamecube on the DS. It's an endless cycle, so just sit back and watch.

No offense by my earlier defensive comment, sometimes words get on my nerves especially in threads like this and welcome to GBAtemp.

17. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

FAKES BOTH OF THEM!

poor r4 clones!

18. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    exactly, there was previous news about this. The r4 team is eventually going to release an update for all r4s, it will brick fake ones but keep real ones intact [​IMG] Good thing my clone is an m3ds simply , as the m3 team patches the r4 updates [​IMG]

19. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    If this isn't a troll then this guy obviously knows nothing about the R4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.