Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Another FAQ, if you're so kind:

QUOTE said:
No "Cheat(Y)" displayed when I highlight my game, but I'm sure I have the cheats, help!
The problem here can be solved with a simple question: Are you using Narin's Cheat Database?

Narin's Cheat Database is so huge. It contains almost every game ever released for NDS, thus there're so many cheats inside the CHEAT/USRCHEAT.DAT file. R4's cheat system has a limitation, if there're too many cheats in a cheat file, then it can't display the bottom cheats

There's nothing you can do but use R4 Cheat Code Editor made by YASU and move the desired game up to the top of the list

QUOTEMy cheats aren't working! Why?
R4 has another flaw, some cheats won't work due to a bug. YASU is so kind to provide us with an answer: YASU's r4bugfix2 or r4custom can fix this bug. The problem is, this fix kinda has another bug inside it. It makes some cheats work, but it can't make all cheats work.

I got the info about YASU's bugfix flaw from a post down here in R4 sub-forum, but I forgot who told me

jcm4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chargingcomplete.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I added that Raestloz.
smile.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
QUOTE said:
My cheats aren't working! Why?
R4 has another flaw, some cheats won't work due to a bug. YASU is so kind to provide us with an answer: YASU's r4bugfix2 or r4custom can fix this bug. The problem is, this fix kinda has another bug inside it. It makes some cheats work, but it can't make all cheats work.

I got the info about YASU's bugfix flaw from a post down here in R4 sub-forum, but I forgot who told me
Theres another flaw, Yasu's bug fix can also cause some games to freeze and some codes to cause the game t glitch when before the fix, had no problems. Ran into this myself, patched my R4 and Metroid Prime Hunters started feezing, removed the patch and it stopped freezing.

shairabaldama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to upgrade my r4 (without backing up files) and now i regret it because it is not recognized anymore with my ds. help please

UPDATE:

i was able to solve my own problem. what i did is i download a language patch file and i patch the MENU.Dat file to be translated into Chinese. Now I know that my r4 requires a chinese kernel version.

Frontovik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought an R4 from some local Asian computer shop the other day. I downloaded the firmware from the website and put it on a microSD card and followed the instructions, but it didn't work. As in, I boot up and the DS tells me it doesn't read anything. I've tried some of the Chinese firmware options and the paper trick, but no dice. Any advice?

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frontovik said:
I bought an R4 from some local Asian computer shop the other day. I downloaded the firmware from the website and put it on a microSD card and followed the instructions, but it didn't work. As in, I boot up and the DS tells me it doesn't read anything. I've tried some of the Chinese firmware options and the paper trick, but no dice. Any advice?

Chances are you got yourself a clone. There are different fw out there, r4sdhc, r4-III, r4 upgrade etc. You just have to find which one works for yours.

canx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all of my roms freeze somtimes (usually) sometimes they don't i don't know why that is also im guessing its because of the site can i post them here i didn't because i thought i could get banned .

r4ds: firmware(kernel) 1.18
(should i update, if i must plz tell me where and does the new firware play dpg videos and movies)
thanks for your help GBAtemp rocks(headbang)
ph34r.gif

D

Deleted-119707

canx13 said:
all of my roms freeze somtimes (usually) sometimes they don't i don't know why that is also im guessing its because of the site can i post them here i didn't because i thought i could get banned .

r4ds: firmware(kernel) 1.18
(should i update, if i must plz tell me where and does the new firware play dpg videos and movies)
thanks for your help GBAtemp rocks(headbang)
ph34r.gif
use ysmenu. search r4ysauto and follow the instructions.

D

Deleted-119707

rename the ysmenu you downloaded from yasu's site, rename it to what the one you used was. then put it in the r4ysauto folder then re-create it. (i cant remember the name nor can i be arsed looking. you look. its what the search finction is for.)

Fieta

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4DS SDHC (and 4GB SDHC Kingston micro sd card) card for my DSlite, which was working fine until I updated it and month ago. Since then, it keeps showing error messages like:

"SF system fail
SF Mark fail"

and

"couldn't find file:
/_system_/_sys_data/R4i.sys"

Any time I fix one, the other appears. I've tried all sorts of kernals - the original R4 ones, the SDHC ones, even the R4i ones despite not having a dsi.
I've also tried formatting the disk. That didn't help either.

I've looked everywhere and nobody else seems to have had these error messages. And I have no idea what to do =/

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fieta said:
I have an R4DS SDHC (and 4GB SDHC Kingston micro sd card) card for my DSlite, which was working fine until I updated it and month ago. Since then, it keeps showing error messages like:

"SF system fail
SF Mark fail"

and

"couldn't find file:
/_system_/_sys_data/R4i.sys"

Any time I fix one, the other appears. I've tried all sorts of kernals - the original R4 ones, the SDHC ones, even the R4i ones despite not having a dsi.
I've also tried formatting the disk. That didn't help either.

I've looked everywhere and nobody else seems to have had these error messages. And I have no idea what to do =/

First of all, shame on you for bumping a nearly 10-month old thread when you could've created a fresh one for this problem which is actually off-topic (this FAQ was for original/genuine/1:1 clone R4DS).
nyanya.gif

To address your problem, follow these steps:

Step 1:
- Use SD Association Formatter 3.0 (formerly known as Panasonic SD Formatter) to format your MicroSD. Be careful that you format the correct drive.
- The default format settings will work no matter what MicroSD card it is. However, since you're experiencing problems that may be related to the MicroSD itself you can try giving it a FULL ERASE option before performing the format.
- Reason: when you use Windows to format a drive, it will format that device as if it was a hard disk. Because it is not the same the result is an unreliable file system.

Step 2:
- Find the official website for your specific clone, which is found on the packaging and cartridge label. Download the latest official firmware from that website and extract it to your MicroSD, and add your ROMs/Homebrew.
- If the official website for your clone is no longer operational, go to Linfox's Mirror and get the firmware that corresponds to the cart you have.

Step 3:
- After extracting official firmware & adding desired ROMs/Homebrew, Skins, etc. you Safely Remove the MicroSD from your MicroSD card reader/adapter. Make sure the MicroSD contacts are clean as they can sometimes collect skin oils from being handled. Put it in your flashcart, make sure your flashcart's contacts are clean as well, and put it in your DS.

If you do all that and continue to encounter your problem, it's most likely that the flashcart is damaged. Using firmwares designed for other flashcarts will not fix it.

If you have additional questions or comments you should start a new thread with your specific flashcart name and website in the topic, or PM me. This thread is outdated, the original poster hasn't logged in since March, and bumping his FAQ with an issue that's occurring on an R4 clone just seems misplaced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: