R4DS + M3DS-S Loader 1.12 finally released!

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love it when the R4 is updated, not because of the features, but because of topics like these give a good laugh by two timing past and present owners of the flashcard.

alexandertyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility with 2 gigabyte and larger SD cards has been poor, due to the SD/MMC protocol's using a 32-bit address field denominated in bytes. The SDHC standard addresses this limitation by using 32-bit block addresses instead. Both SD and SDHC are traditionally accessed as 512-byte blocks on 512-byte boundaries, so the change to host software or firmware is minor but required. Before SDHC was standardized, various manufacturers "extended" the SD control block fields for their 2 GB and 4 GB cards in different ways. Those cards are incompatible with many SD and some SDHC devices, as they conform to neither standard. All SDHC readers work with standard SD cards.

If you're going to copy and paste wholesale from wikipedia at least say so, link to the article or put quotes around it rather than making it look like it's your own post. Or at least remove the cite links so it's not so obvious [1]

Who do you think wrote that part of the Wiki??? I did.

-- Alex

Well done, you obviously have more time on your hands than I do. What is probably holding back the R4 team is the same as when M3 incorporated SDHC support for their Slot-2 cards, and were only able to support multimedia and not games because of the new problems thrown up by access times and file systems. The ability to actually access SDHC cards may indeed need just a minor tweak, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to run nds games straight away.

I agree, I think access times may be a VERY big issue when it comes to SDHC implementation which is why I do not really mind its lack of availability at the moment. I will want it once we have faster micro SDHC cards.

Later,

Alex

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Meanwhile DS-X owners like me still need to ARM7 patch...
frown.gif
WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?
unsure.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Compatibility with 2 gigabyte and larger SD cards has been poor, due to the SD/MMC protocol's using a 32-bit address field denominated in bytes. The SDHC standard addresses this limitation by using 32-bit block addresses instead. Both SD and SDHC are traditionally accessed as 512-byte blocks on 512-byte boundaries, so the change to host software or firmware is minor but required. Before SDHC was standardized, various manufacturers "extended" the SD control block fields for their 2 GB and 4 GB cards in different ways. Those cards are incompatible with many SD and some SDHC devices, as they conform to neither standard. All SDHC readers work with standard SD cards.

If you're going to copy and paste wholesale from wikipedia at least say so, link to the article or put quotes around it rather than making it look like it's your own post. Or at least remove the cite links so it's not so obvious [1]

Who do you think wrote that part of the Wiki??? I did.

-- Alex

Well done, you obviously have more time on your hands than I do. What is probably holding back the R4 team is the same as when M3 incorporated SDHC support for their Slot-2 cards, and were only able to support multimedia and not games because of the new problems thrown up by access times and file systems. The ability to actually access SDHC cards may indeed need just a minor tweak, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to run nds games straight away.
Then please add it for multimedia. I am really glad the M3 Team did with their Slot-2 cards.

Darigon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm its a ok update i guess ill wait maybe theyll release 1.13 because the download on their site doesnt work anymore

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, this conversation just keeps going round and round.

I admit I was bummed that there wasnt some cool new GUI change.

But I am glad they are still alive. I keep hoping that there really is somthing new they just didnt post it in the change log.

I do want to point out that PBR is no longer the only DS->Wii game out there. More and more are coming out.. There is that new writing game, where you can write on the DS screen and it shows up on the TV. There is even another one I cant remember. Point being. Thats not 100% in my book, if you cant support what a game is supposed to do.

For the question about what PBR does. Basicly its a game that lets you battle between two DS and show up on the TV. You can control your battles from your DS, and watch it in all its 3D glory on the Wii. If you like battleing your friends, its actualy pretty cool.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For goodness sake! I mean, the R4 released an update. It wasn't what we were expecting, that I can vouch for. Now, you don't need to get all worked up about it.

First, it was a disappointment to many, myself included. I wasn't expecting SDHC support, due to the R4 team stating (there was a rumor, anyway) that there would be a new release of the R4 that supported said feature. Proven wrong, I hoped for Wii connectivity (I don't have a Wii, but many of you do, and that was one of the problems that was on their to-do list, so I'd expect it fixed), but as you can see, that didn't come.

Instead, we have a minor fix for Worms and other games requiring ARM7. Ok, so it's not a big deal, and probably not worth the update, but c'mon! It shows that the R4 team are active, after many statements coming from them saying a new firmware release was to be released shortly.

That doesn't only prove that they are in fact, active (which many of you had already taken the time to criticize the R4 team due to not supporting their cart, etc.), it may also show that 1.13 is going to be released shortly after this (1 month's time, give or take?), and that most all (or even all) of the R4's problems will be patched and maybe we might even get SDHC.

Patience is the key.

Now, saying the R4 sucks and so on is starting to push the limit, as there are many users that were ripped off last year and still continue to use the cart that was so falsely advertised this year - the DS-X.

Just my 2 cents.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome they fixed the arm7 problem. Fixing problems is good...don't understand why people are angry or selling their R4's, up to them though I guess.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever says they are selling their R4's for the Cyclo DS is suffering from some serious overzealous retardation.

Other than SDHC, what other possible advantages does the Cyclo have on the R4/M3? 0_o

Wii Connectivity with Pokemon D&P. That's pretty much it.

Better cheat editor (pc software)
The in game menu you can pop-up within any game
You don't have to guess if you turned off ot on the cheats
Auto RAM/Rumble patching of apps/games that need it

BUT

In the end, what matters is if it runs the things you want it to run, R4 fits perfect the need for that.
It's just a matter of taste and what you want to do with it what card is the better one in the users eyes
biggrin.gif

Plus having the team giving the best support currently. That's the biggest advantage the Evo has over the R4. But you're right, they are both great carts. And do what they do, very well. So besides the support, and Wii connectivity, there isn't a huge difference between the two...yet.

But no matter what, the R4 fanboys will argue to death that their cart is the best.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see what everyone is complaining about. The R4 had new firmware releases every month for ages. Then first time they don't release one after a month everyone starts complaining that the R4 team is dead, then when they release a new firmware revision that gives 100% game support everyone moans they didn't get a little bit extra. The only thing the R4 team have ever really guaranteed is 100% clean rom support, and we've got it now.

If you're unhappy with your R4 sell it on and get something else, you'll probably find that as most of the other flashcarts reach a year old the company stops releasing a flurry of firmware revisions as well.

BTW, for all the people complaining about PBR Wii connectivity, if the game and it's connectivity is that important to you why haven't you actually gone out and BOUGHT the cartridge?

-I realized mostly everyone that is complaining about the Wii Linkage support DON"T EVEN OWN A NINTENDO WII!!
rofl2.gif
..So why complain guys? Get real , get a life in buy games .. If your going to bash a place that is programming the flashcarts maybe you should stop complaining in download a DS Bricker. Then you will realized how precious the Game System is by itself .
dry.gif
Some people would love to have a DS (me) , but Now I have to wait until I have enough money.

Pokemon Revolution has a Rating of 5.5 at Gamespot are you seriously flaming R4 because they dont support that shit???
Maybe they do that on purpos!
Can anybody explain that wii connectifity to me at all? what is it?
Do I need this to upload my pokemon from diamond perl to wii or to download some minigames?
does m3 real support this??
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
Oh man 5.5 Are you people serious LOL...!! Like He/She said why don't you just buy the game if its that important..

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But no matter what, the R4 fanboys will argue to death that their cart is the best.

Eh... that's a bit unfair. This thread was literally stuffed with 'CycloDS fanboys' who bragged about their flashcart in the first place. Users like jalaneme or jaymz52 started this 'fight', to begin with. Saying that 'R4 fanboys will argue to death that their cart is the best' is not as accurate as saying that 'R4 users will defend their cart to death against random users who come to a thread to insult and troll'.
I don't know... it seems really unfair to make every R4 user look like an idiot, a loser and a 'fanboy' just because we have a certain cart and not a CycloDS, when them, the 'CycloFanboys', were the ones to start all this bashing...

This topic's about the R4, not about how the CycloDS pwns. Why do you, CycloDS users, keep playing with your awesome cart instead of trolling here? Ah... if it was the other way round, if R4 users went to a CyCloDS' firmware-update topic... the irony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning