Hacking R4ds Issues

Waynes1987

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'll start by proving how noobish i am with these things, i only just found out about R4 cards the other month lmao, and upon ordering one, ive ran into some bad news, for me.
Most R4s are fakes.

And i doubt ill be able to tell if its a fake or not,
i also found that R4 released a firmware that bricked your Ds if you use a clone R4. (more bad news for me. *sigh* heres me thinking R4 card = More games at my finger tips with out all that "carrying the rest in your pocket")

So i read about YSmenu. And it seems to work well on R4 cards and there lil knock off clones. so im thinking of getting that on my R4 card.

Ijust dont get what else i need
And ive googled to no avail.

i downloaded the R4DS starter pack, from a certain download site. Said the YSmenu was in dutch, so i re configured one using a tutorial i found on here.

is that all i need?

Can i run My R4 on Ysmenu alone, is it surposed to run off the R4 firmware?
If so what firmware would i be best to download. ?

i ordered a "R4 SDHC"

Thanks for your help in advanced
biggrin.gif

Waynes1987

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah okies i just had a look about and noticed that YSmenu wont work on a R4 SDHC (what the hell does SDHC stand for anyway)

So im gathering the firmware i have to download is R4 SDHC *some number*.

Could a mod Please close this thread please >

qodrirnspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok firstly u have a problem. U r ordering normal R4-SDHC right? Well, the site www.r4i-sdhc.com has stopped producing firmware for it. This sucks, I have emailed them; here is a copy of the reply:
Dear Customer:
First of all,we appreciate your feedback and your support.
If you have the card (without V1.4mark) ,it can not support to update the firmware and can not support DSi 1.4 version current . Our technicians are trying their best to upgrade it, Hope we will get the solution very soon

lolwut?

EDIT: Oops, just checked site and found it I am the noob here :/

shawnroof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have 2 r4 sdhc cards and they both are supporting ys menu!! The difference is the regular r4 card couldnt support more then a 2 gb card The r4sdhc could support the mini sdhc card which holds the 4 gig or better cards. Also ys menu solves almost all game issues

Waynes1987

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
O.o ah ill just throw it on then see what happens, do just have the ysmenu on or do i mix it with the R4 kernel?

Posts merged

O.o ah ill just throw it on then see what happens, do just have the ysmenu on or do i mix it with the R4 kernel?

shawnroof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont think any of the original kernal is in there but i cant remember exeactly how i came up with the folder pack ys menu u have yo follow directions for what you have let me no if them files help u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1