R4 wood + ez flash 3-1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by renton56, Apr 12, 2010.

Apr 12, 2010

R4 wood + ez flash 3-1 by renton56 at 7:05 PM (2,649 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. renton56
    OP

Newcomer renton56 Member

United States
    im sorry if this is in the wrong section

Now that my R4 officially has Wood, ive been meaning to play my mother 3 and yggdra union games for the first time, i have the 3-1 ez flash from a while back and im just wondering if with wood i can get multi save

cuz i wanna play both on and off without getting confused with the NOR files and stuff

guess i cant word this right but, is it possible to get this both games working with wood, like load up mother 3 then yggdra without lossing the save file from either one

thanks and sorry if its hard to understand

ALL FLASHCARTS FEAR OUR WOOD!

2. seahorsepip

Member seahorsepip GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    yes it does up to nine or six around that

3. renton56
    OP

Newcomer renton56 Member

United States
    but when i load one game and switch the the other it says erasing NOR and i keep loosing sav data ~_~ do i have to use gbaexploader?

4. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    If you're saves are dissapearing you need to replace the 3in1 battery.

5. renton56
    OP

Newcomer renton56 Member

United States
    well i guess im not explaining this well enough, My ez flash is basically new, sicne ive never used it, and only type of software on my DS flashcart is R4 wood, and im loading the games through Wood and when i switch games to play it deletes the other games save file, any way to fix it? or do i gotta just save the NOR files to my comp

6. renton56
    OP

Newcomer renton56 Member

United States
    actually i just opened up my folder with the GBA games on my SD and i see both games with both Sav Files,

why are GBA games more confusing then ds ~_~

7. neonix

Member neonix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's only more confusing because you're using a flash cart that is made to only hold one game a a time.

GBAExploader will let you copy your save file from the 3in1 to your microSD and vice-versa. It will keep track of 5 saves for each game. When you want to swap games, copy the save to your microSD, then write the new rom over to the 3in1 and the corresponding save file for it. It's really not that confusing.

Oh and have fun in MOTHER 3 World. [​IMG]

8. crutonmaster

Newcomer crutonmaster Newbie

United States
    Hey, I've been running with the exact same problem. Except, I only have three games, Rythm Ten goku, Mother 3, and Fire Emblem. I start up Fire Emblem first, save then turn it off. When I load it up again, the save is there so that's a relief. But when I go to load up Mother 3, save, and turn it off here is EXACTLY what happens:

1. It says on my Wood r4: loading save file, and when the loading bar reaches the end, it freezes.
    2. So, I have no choice but to turn it off, and when I do, ALL of my saves are gone.

There are times when this doesn't happen, and all of my saves are intact, but when this happens I get so frustrated because I have to start over and over.

Can anybody help me? I have wood r4 with an EZ Flash 3 in 1 and those three GBA roms. Thanks!