R4 won't work on DS Lite

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by samuraicow, Jan 5, 2010.

Jan 5, 2010

R4 won't work on DS Lite by samuraicow at 1:36 AM (2,583 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. samuraicow
    OP

Newcomer samuraicow Newbie

United States
    I got a DS Lite for Christmas because my regular DS has R button malfunctions often. My R4 (original) will not work on the DS Lite, but still works on the old DS. On the DS Lite it just acts as if there is nothing in slot one.
    I'm using ysmenu.

2. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    I put my R4 in my Lite first and my original won't read it now. Maybe it assigns itself to the first DS it go's into. [​IMG]

3. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Do normal legal game cards work in the new DSL?

4. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I got an Original R4 and it works on my DSL...Sometimes, the R4 card doesn't work on my DSL because it had things inside the MicroSD slot of the R4. Are you sure your R4 read your MicroSD card?

5. ben12

Newcomer ben12 Newbie

United States
    This just happened to me last week. I bought a new DS Lite and an R4 card. I loaded up my card and was all ready to go, but the DS just went to the DS menu screen every single time. Nothing I could change in the DS settings made a difference.

BUT! I borrowed one of my friend's DS games (a real, store-bought game) to make sure it wasn't a problem with the Slot-1 hardware. The game worked, so I went and popped the R4 game in. This time it worked!

So there's something about a new DS that just has to play a real game before playing a flash card.

6. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Or there was a bit of crap in the slot and the other card just happened to nudge it loose.

7. Mana94

Member Mana94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Strange, My R4 runs on my DSL o.o
    And you can solve R/L button malfunctions by blowing into the sides. It worked for me, now the buttons are like new o.o

8. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    Sometimes its a bad connection and you need to re-insert the cart a few times? or do the secret magic trick.......take the cart out, blow on it, then put it back in....I swear this works.

9. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Yeah, that's what I do. But there's a problem to that. When you blow, moisture can stay in the slot...which acts like water. I blew into it once, a bit of water was in it when I tried playing games.