Hacking R4 Upgrade Revolution

pedrospy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A friend give me a flashcard to "fix" for him, but I can't find the right firmware to try.

Here's a photo:
dsc01715b.jpg

The card is labeled:
R4
Upgrade
Revolution for DS
(NDSL/NDS)

Nothing is marked in the chip. Nor have any "sdhc" or "i" indicator anywhere.

When turned on, it skips the DS firmware (jumps from the safety screen to the card firware) and gives only a black screen with a white "LOADING" in the center.

PS: My friend is using a NDS Lite and a SanDisk 2GB MicroSD card.

Does anyone know wich flashcard is this, wich firmware to use and/or clone of what card it is?

pedrospy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks to everyone, but no luck. I tried the r4i-sdhc, r4 ultra, wood and some unknown others but none works. Its freezing in the loading.

Is there any way to check if the microSD or the flashcard are broken? Im starting to think that they might be the problem.

pedrospy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did read and didn't ignored. I tried the r4i-sdhc and other dstt clones firware but none worked til now.

I used the same microSD card in my flashcard and it works. I'm pretty sure that my friend's card is someway broken.

pedrospy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, thanks for everybody
smile.gif

My friend found the box of the card, it points to www.r4sdhc.com. Wich is a lie, since the box is a copy of it but the card not.

I found out that the card is a R4v3 (i guess it is the same that R4-III). The others firmwares didnt work because the main file of the R4-III is called _r4__iii.dat instead of _ds_menu.dat or r4.tp like about every other card. But the R4-III firmware worked. And the Retrogamerfan YSMenu worked too (as a secundary firmware).

So, problem solved.
Thanks again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr