Hacking R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS - help needed

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yeah, r4isdhc.com cards are terrible. You can find a ultimate guide on Fake R4s on *snip and your kernel should have these files: R4.dat, R4iMenu (Folder) and moonshl2 (folder). The other ones can be changed.

I looked at their website, downloaded the kernel, tried it out, but I'm not sure how they want me to do it - sounded like I had to have 1.4.2 first. Their how-to is only for that version to upgrade... any thoughts?
*snip is a www.r4i-sdhc.com fanboy site that claims the www.r4i-sdhc.com carts are real R4's when they are not (If you go to the links for "Fake R4's" and "How To Identify a Real R4" they list many clones of the real R4 i.e. carts that can run Wood as fakes and the www.r4i-sdhc.com cart as a real R4 which is BS) . The kernels and firmware updates on that site are useless for the www.r4isdhc.com carts.

I'm afraid that your www.r4isdhc.com cart is useless on your DSi. Time to get something better I'm afraid (and don't get a www.r4i-sdhc.com cart either).
Which you so happened to be a moderator at, funny.
Byt411 was on about a different site than the one I was moderator on. He was on about a site that releases unofficial kernels for www.r4i-sdhc.com carts that they claim are better than the official ones.
Oh ok, hard to tell when all i see is *snip haha
I know. Fortunately that site gets snipped as well thank god.

Besides the people who are left on that site don't have the brain cells to be able to create an unofficial kernel anyway. They're too busy being upset about the bad review the r4i-sdhc 3DS version got on here.
They didn't take that well at all :P

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Hey! It isn't a link to roms, where can you find the work "roms" in that site?????!!!!!
For a start it's in it's site name.

It's not even a true kernel replacement for the r4i-sdhc. It's a slightly altered official kernel (a couple of extra skins and an altered version of Wi-Fi Engine) with what looks very suspiciously like a slightly altered RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update TTMenu for dual boot alternative. It's mostly just stealing other peoples hard work and calling it their own.

Edit: Also for someone who says he has nothing to do with the snipped sites thieving team your name does appear all over it which makes the site full of liars and thieves.

4ntimatter

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I hope you have the time to give me some advice. I too get the message an error has a occurred etc.
I have 2, 3ds's and both are on 4.0.0-7E, "I'm assuming that's bad" and there's an other normal DSi somewhere in the house. my daughter updating them both, so I've grounded her forever lol. (her excuse was I thought it meant I would get something new and cool) she's only 10. so I only beat her up a little. lol
Anyway the card I have is a R4 3ds upgrade sdhc revolution for 3ds DSi XL/LL DSL DS RTS LITE (www.r4isdhc.com) Gray with silver face area.

Just hoping you guys can tell me what I can do, if there is anything I can do.

Thanks in advance
Gary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.