XP
Country
United States
carts with r4isdhc.com and r4i-sdhc.com on the label have timebombs

note that r4isdhc.com.cn does not have a timebomb

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
R4s with a time bomb are mostly easy to spot. They have a year on the sticker (2017, 2018, 2014, etc.). Or the instructions tell you to turn back the clock on your system by a year or 2 or more.

It you find a R4 that doesn't have those blatantly obvious tells, you got yourself an R4 that isn't programmed to give you the middle finger in a year.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4s with a time bomb are mostly easy to spot. They have a year on the sticker (2017, 2018, 2014, etc.). Or the instructions tell you to turn back the clock on your system by a year or 2 or more.

It you find a R4 that doesn't have those blatantly obvious tells, you got yourself an R4 that isn't programmed to give you the middle finger in a year.

That's not really accurate. r4i-sdhc.com doesn't have a year and supposedly has the same timebomb as r4isdhc.com. Inversely, r4isdhc.com.cn has a year and does not have a timebomb (and runs Wood, making it a much better cart).

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's not really accurate. r4i-sdhc.com doesn't have a year and supposedly has the same timebomb as r4isdhc.com. Inversely, r4isdhc.com.cn has a year and does not have a timebomb (and runs Wood, making it a much better cart).
good point.

exceptions to everything i suppose.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newer r4i-sdhc.com carts have timebombs

in fact they are direct copies of the 2017 r4isdhc.com carts but with a shell swap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr