Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I used Decrypt9, so my r4 is just broken? I'll try and use Wood dumper
Afaik, the code to dump is the same? So it won't dump properly there either.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
oh.
So... I'm just screwed? Do I have to buy another r4?
If you want a suggestion, I recommend you (if you can't find any way of making urs work) buy the R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS by r4i-sdhc.com . It's a good cart that works on any firmware.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You may need a custom build of D9 to dump some flashcarts as their secure value will report as invalid.

You can also use this:

https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-nds-backup-tool-3in1-0-31a-f9407.html

However that one is tricky to use because unlike WoodDumper (the wifi version of wooddumper), you have to host a FTP server for it to connect to. (on your PC. Not on the internet. It won't connect to internet FTP servers).

This works best on DS Lite. however it's feasible to use it on 3DS now. But you'll need to modify my Action Replay Stage3 bootstrap to boot it. (rename it to ActionReplay.nds and replace the one my stage3 bootstrap uses).

That way it does a card reset before booting this tool. Note however because DLDI support for 3DS SD isn't yet available, it will always use default IP and login info. It will be displayed on screen when it boots. You may have to reconfigure your router and make sure your PC is using that IP it expects. No way around that for now.

This tool was the only one that dumped my DS-Xtreme correctly so it can be useful for dumping some carts that cause issues.

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You may need a custom build of D9 to dump some flashcarts as their secure value will report as invalid.

You can also use this:

https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-nds-backup-tool-3in1-0-31a-f9407.html

However that one is tricky to use because unlike WoodDumper (the wifi version of wooddumper), you have to host a FTP server for it to connect to. (on your PC. Not on the internet. It won't connect to internet FTP servers).

This works best on DS Lite. however it's feasible to use it on 3DS now. But you'll need to modify my Action Replay Stage3 bootstrap to boot it. (rename it to ActionReplay.nds and replace the one my stage3 bootstrap uses).

That way it does a card reset before booting this tool. Note however because DLDI support for 3DS SD isn't yet available, it will always use default IP and login info. It will be displayed on screen when it boots. You may have to reconfigure your router and make sure your PC is using that IP it expects. No way around that for now.

This tool was the only one that dumped my DS-Xtreme correctly so it can be useful for dumping some carts that cause issues.
Alright I'll try this too, thanks

Last edited by Judaz,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if using 3DS, just ignore it's prompt to remove flashcart and insert game. Assuming you booted it with my bootstrap, the game is already inserted and the slot will be reset so it's init correctly. Then you just hit A on that prompt and it should then start looking for your FTP server. It won't do anything until it is able to connect to your FTP server.

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, I just found a old r4 I had when I was a kid and I tried to dump it
decrypt9 gives me "Error reading cart header", what does it mean?

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What R4 is it? Try using one of the forwarders or use the NTR launcher first.
the first, original one I think. It also gives me "error reading cart NCCH reader" sometimes. Gonna try opening it with NTR

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What R4 is it? Try using one of the forwarders or use the NTR launcher first.
how do I open it with NTR launcher?

Scythe37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the first, original one I think. It also gives me "error reading cart NCCH reader" sometimes. Gonna try opening it with NTR

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do I open it with NTR launcher?
Do you have a patched dev launcher? If you do, install this CIA.

Judaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's not funny