Hacking R4 SDHC Flashcart or microSD or DS leaking?

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have purchased a R4 SDHC about 1 month ago, and it was fine, until today, when I want to upload some games into my R4. I purchase R4 SDHC because the old R4DS don't really update, and here in Singapore, I can't really find CycloDS or Supercard. The only available flashcart, I guess, will be R4 and R4 SDHC. Okay, back to topic. When springed my R4 out from the slot-1, I suddenly realize that there is this oily substance showering the flashcart. Under light reflection, I can see that it is somewhat liquid state, and I guess it is probably oil.

Next, I took a look at the back of my R4, and there isn't any oily substance. Then, I took a look at my 2GB microSD and found there is a scratch. I begin to wonder what actually cause the oil. Is it the R4 SDHC itself, or is it the scratched microSD, or even worst, is it my Jet Black Nintendo DS Lite?

Please help me to tell which of the listed item probably cause the leakage of oil?

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
gbpic said:
There should not be any oil coming out of the R4 or the DS. Is it possible that you or someone else spilled something on it?

I place it beside me...how cn dere be spilled oil =.=

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you got a little too hands on with one of the cooking games?

Seriously though, there shouldn't be anything like that in the DS, the flashcart or the memory card. Something probably got spilled on it without you noticing. Are you having any problems due to this "leak"?

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Destructobot said:
Perhaps you got a little too hands on with one of the cooking games?

Seriously though, there shouldn't be anything like that in the DS, the flashcart or the memory card. Something probably got spilled on it without you noticing. Are you having any problems due to this "leak"?

I cleared the oil and it works. But what worry me is that will the leakage cause harm to my ds if the leakage is from my R4 SDHC.

Btw: Any good website selling CycloDS at a cheaper rate? SGD80 is too high for me >.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For safety reasons maybe you ought to check your battery(even tho I don't think that would be it) but better safe then sorry......

frantier123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
aphirst said:
"lol wut" basically.

Is there anyone you know who could've done this as a prank? It's quite frankly impossible to occur with just a DS/Flashcart.

Nope. But I have decided to change to CycloDS.

Anyone knows any good webbies selling them? DealExtreme sells them at a good price, but it is unavailable now.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm then
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat