• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,062
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi!
So I bought a new R4 card along with a Nintendo 2DS and I'm relatively new with them.
Old card: R4 DS / Nintendo: Nintendo Lite / Card: MicroSD 2gb
Remember, the above cards work on the DS Lite.
Now the new set:
New Card: R4 2018 2DS/3DS Upgrade Dual-Core / Nintendo: Nintendo 2DS / Card: MicroSD 2gb
So, the MicroSD for the new card has updated firmware/kernel folder via r43ds.org and has been SD Card formatted.
I ran an experiment,
What I mean by saying "white screen/red menu", when I place the R4 card into the card slot, a game appears called Bomberman (I am aware this is default name for something going wrong with a card) then a black screen comes up, one second later a white screen will appear but.. At the top screen of the nintendo there is red letters saying "Menu" along with a question mark.
I then tested:
old r4 + old micro + new ds = white screen/red menu
new r4 + old micro + new ds = white screen/red menu
old r4 + new micro + new ds = white screen/red menu
new r4 + new micro + new ds = white screen/red menu
old r4 + old micro + old ds = works
old r4 + new micro + old ds = message: "Couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT"
new r4 + new micro + old ds = white screen/red menu
new r4 + old micro + old ds = white screen/red menu
Please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I should be doing.

Last edited by ,

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you're using the wrong kernel/firmware. Can u post a picture of your R4 Card?

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

OP
I had a feeling the firmware was ineffective. There is my new R4 card. I also attached an image of the firmware I got for the card.
r4card.jpg
a8ab1c4200036146083631880c1c29af.png

D

Deleted User

OP
So I went to the site given, downloaded the file from the site, extracted the folder, dragged + copied the folder to the microSD card, ejected the card safely, placed it into my new r4 card and placed that into my 2DS and still a white screen/red menu. It did the same for the old r4 card.... I could copy the firmware from the old microSD onto the new one and see if that works?

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I went to the site given, downloaded the file from the site, extracted the folder, dragged + copied the folder to the microSD card, ejected the card safely, placed it into my new r4 card and placed that into my 2DS and still a white screen/red menu. It did the same for the old r4 card.... I could copy the firmware from the old microSD onto the new one and see if that works?
Are u sure that ur micro sd card works properly?

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

OP
I was using this: Which is exact same as my previous one.
41WkWLjYmaL._SX355_.jpg

I just got this one:
So i formatted it and put on the same firmware as above, still got same white screen/red menu
l_10133713_001.jpg

D

Deleted User

OP
Soooo I just fixed it xD I had the main folder "R4i-V3.9b English" I watched a tutorial to compare how different they do it to what I've been doing... I took the folders within the main folder and moved it within the microsd, thus deleting the empty main folder... I appreciate your help.... omg... All I had to do was move a folder... Thanks for your help, I need a new brain. :)

Reactions: SkillFeed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi