R4 SDHC Clone Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by auraldeth, Jul 26, 2011.

Jul 26, 2011
  1. auraldeth
    OP

Newcomer auraldeth Newbie

United States
    Hey everyone, first post here. This site seems to be the best resource for ROMs, so I'm looking forward to becoming a part of it!

What brought me here are the recent issues I've been experiencing with my R4 SDHC.

I'm relatively new to flashcards, and I didn't have proper background when purchasing mine, so unfortunately I ended up with a clone. I have had an overall pleasant experience up until this point, and I think that relationship may be ending.

Anyways! As I've said, I've had no issues with my R4SDHC until recently. I played it one night, and woke up the next day and tried to use it. The R4 menu loads up fine and after I select game from the main menu, it brings up the screen in which the list of games is normally displayed. The problem is that it no longer displays ANY games. I don't think this is an issue with the connectors because it loads up the menu fine, but I could be wrong.

As a disclaimer I searched through various topics in the first 10 pages and couldn't really find one that described my particular situation. I sincerely appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide me.

2. Kashif

Newcomer Kashif Advanced Member

United States
    Try backing up your MicroSD to your computer and reformatting your SD card using the SD formatter. That should fix it.

3. auraldeth
    OP

Newcomer auraldeth Newbie

United States
    I actually tried that several times as a first resort because in prior experience some games would give a load error. So I would back up all files, reformat the SDHC, and recopy them. That didn't fix it.

What I did do was format the card and re downloaded the kernel from the R4SDHC website. I reinstalled the kernel, then copied only one game and a save file over to test it, and it worked.

This leads me to believe that there was a game or a save file that was causing the error. The first thought that comes to mind is a save file error that I was having with Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. That was the last game I played before powering off my system. I'm going to try to reinstall other games to verify this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or a similar issue with that particular ROM?