Hacking R4 Revolution Question?

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have an Acekard2i and not a R4 but my cousin asked me to ask about this. He has an R4 revolution, the original non clone one and he can't play any of the new games like pokemon black/white, Naruto shinobi Rumble and some others. I told him its probably his firmware but I don't know which one to tell him to download because I'm not up to date on the newer firmware cause there's so many. He tried the latest r4 wood v 1.28 but he said it did'nt work. Could someone please tell me what the latest firmware for the r4 revolution is? I'm pretty sure he can't play any of the latest games due to his firmware but maybe its something else.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gettogaara said:
Hey guys I have an Acekard2i and not a R4 but my cousin asked me to ask about this. He has an R4 revolution, the original non clone one and he can't play any of the new games like pokemon black/white, Naruto shinobi Rumble and some others. I told him its probably his firmware but I don't know which one to tell him to download because I'm not up to date on the newer firmware cause there's so many. He tried the latest r4 wood v 1.28 but he said it did'nt work. Could someone please tell me what the latest firmware for the r4 revolution is? I'm pretty sure he can't play any of the latest games due to his firmware but maybe its something else.
What is the full name of his R4? If it cannot run Wood R4, then it is not an "original non clone one".

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys thanks for your quick responses, hes not really to good with this sort of stuff which is why I can't really get to good of a grasp on the situation cause usually I'm with him when they problems occur. I'm pretty sure its original(not positive) cause it used to be mine and I bought it from the official site but when I got an acekard2i I gave it to him. He's saying that its not working cause he does'nt have the folders to overwrite with the wood r4 files(Ds menu.dat,cheats,font,icons,language,ui). Should he just put them in the r4 folder anyway and see if it works?

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
He should copy all his files from the SD card, format it with the SDFormatter3.0, copy the Wood R4 1.28 files in it, and the games. Don't bother with the old firmware of the R4, Wood is to replace it, you don't have to overwrite anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/