R4 Problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by sronos, Aug 4, 2009.

Aug 4, 2009

R4 Problem by sronos at 3:50 AM (1,308 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. sronos
    OP

Newcomer sronos Newbie

Canada
    Well as the title says im having some problems with my R4 and wanted to see what was wrong and if anyone could help me a little. Wellll you see my problem is : When ever i try to start up my R4 its frozen on loading. Soo i went onto this website to find a solution and i found out that i should try recopying or downloading firmware or update. So then i put my kingston 2gb micro sd into the micro sd usb 2.0 and I here my computer go Ga Ding! But nothing pops up. So i said to myself thats strange and went to My Computer, Removal Disk E ( it pops up when i put in the usb ) and i double click on it. It then says : Please Insert a disk into drive E.

1. it worked perfectly until i downloaded some game called Ultimate Game Room (U) and when i tried to play it said something like could not find ??? and it closed. Then when i try to reopen mny R4 thats when it wouldnt load.

So my question is can you help me figure out how to get my R4 working again / Get my USB to be read on the computer. (Its not the USB because the removal Disk E pops up andddd when i plug it in the red light turns on.)

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    maybe files are corrupted in your sd card
    you could always format it with the panasonic sd formatter

3. sronos
    OP

Newcomer sronos Newbie

Canada
    [​IMG] I have to reformate it!? Do i really have to or is there another way >< Cause all my files and everything are on that R4 and it would really suck to have to redownload all my games and restart from the beginning

4. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    back up to your computer first, format, copy roms back on, get a fresh copy of the firmware in case its corrupted.

Edit: Try running a diskcheck first. Maybe you'll be able to access the card to do the backup then

5. elixirdream

Malaysia
    i know how do you feel...
    i could not access my SD card and thats what i did the other day [​IMG]
    all .sav gone

who knows... maybe someone else got a better solution than mine

6. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Backup everything first, format your SD card, re-download the firmware (preferably YSMenu), and try it out. If it works, re-add the games. If it stops working, then we've found your problem.

7. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You might have to fiddle with it to get it to register on your PC. Mine does that sometimes too. When I unplug it and plug the reader back in again it usually appears again.

Also, YSMenu is much better for use with commercial ROMs. You might want to try that instead of the regular firmware.

8. sronos
    OP

Newcomer sronos Newbie

Canada
    Well umm I cant really access the SD CARD nor can i reformat it because for some reason as i said up above "I went to My Computer, Removal Disk E ( it pops up when i put in the usb ) and i double click on it. It then says : Please Insert a disk into drive E." My computer doesn't recognize / read my Micro SD when I Plug in the USB it reads that something is there but when i double click to open it doesn't read anything and says please insert a disk into drive E. Does that make anysense??

9. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    try rightclick - properties - tools and run the error checking program. See if that helps. Also try another card reader if possible

10. elixirdream

Malaysia
    try right click on the drive and you will see the option for format

11. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    It's best to redownload everything rather than have nothing at all :/. Also you should really be using YSMenu.

12. sronos
    OP

Newcomer sronos Newbie

Canada
    When i rightclick Format says There is no Disk in E cannot Format.

Oh and also.... YSMenu??

13. sronos
    OP

Newcomer sronos Newbie

Canada
    soooo does anyone know why cause i still cant fix it

14. elixirdream

Malaysia
    hmmm, beats me
    if not your card issue then i suspect it is faulty card reader ? try borrow one from your friend and test it [​IMG]