Hacking R4 "original" or "clone" from VR

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your planing to get a R4 now,
First consider looking at the newer flashcards that are cheaper and better than the R4.
The R4 atm is outdated compared to whats out there now.

EDiT: Big Red Sign pulled down.... Sorry it just gets me annoyed when people still think the R4 is the best card.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Swip said:
DON'T

Consider getting the newer flashcards that are cheaper and better than the R4.

You shouldn't tell anybody DON'T buy R4. It's alright to recommend better carts, which is abundant out there. But prohibiting others to buy R4 is not right.

to OP: VRis arguable, try to find R4 at other store. VR has some likelihood to sell fakes

meanwhile, consider other carts, they're cheaper and usually better. just don't fall to fakes such as N5 or R4-Upgrade II

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
volumerate is selling the real/original r4 ds. we bought from them before, and received in good order.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
Swip said:
DON'T

Consider getting the newer flashcards that are cheaper and better than the R4.

You shouldn't tell anybody DON'T buy R4. It's alright to recommend better carts, which is abundant out there. But prohibiting others to buy R4 is not right.

to OP: VRis arguable, try to find R4 at other store. VR has some likelihood to sell fakes

meanwhile, consider other carts, they're cheaper and usually better. just don't fall to fakes such as N5 or R4-Upgrade II
I know....

But I'd get a DSTT for like $20 at DX.

How much is the R4 your looking into?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, I bought my R4 last year for around $32. These days R4 is getting pricey, or so I heard.

Like I said before, better carts are abundant out there, but if one wants to buy it (maybe for simplicity?) Why should we ban their right to do so?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Well, I bought my R4 last year for around $32. These days R4 is getting pricey, or so I heard.

Like I said before, better carts are abundant out there, but if one wants to buy it (maybe for simplicity?) Why should we ban their right to do so?
Were not banning their right to do so, but he sounds like an uniformed consumer that wants to buy a R4DS because he doesn't know whats out there at the moment. And most cards are as easy or easier to use than the R4DS.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Swip said:
Raestloz said:

Were not banning their right to do so, but he sounds like an uniformed consumer that wants to buy a R4DS because he doesn't know whats out there at the moment. And most cards are as easy or easier to use than the R4DS.

I do have to admit he does sounds like an uninformed customer. It just doesn't feel right to quickly jump in front of them and said "STOP right there!" when they asked something about R4, suggesting is alright, but I can assure you there are better ways to do it than using big red "STOP" in a post

Kevino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Swip said:
Raestloz said:

I do have to admit he does sounds like an uninformed customer. It just doesn't feel right to quickly jump in front of them and said "STOP right there!" when they asked something about R4, suggesting is alright, but I can assure you there are better ways to do it than using big red "STOP" in a post

BUY the R4!!

OK, I own several carts, inlcuding the R4 (2 of them), Supercard DS One, FireLink DS, AceKard2 and an N5. By FAR, the R4s have been my most reliable, maintenance free cards. They are not packed with as many features, but they have the main features that you want. They never have issues, and it is much easier to get things like cheats to work. In fact, if you want to use cheats (I normally don't) then the R4 is the way to go. I've had my 2 R4 chips for over a year, and they are in constant use and have no issues. My AceKard2 died after a week of use, and I don't want to get started on the N5 (although I think I "fixed" mine). The Supercard DS One is also a nice card, but cheats are a total pain, and don't work as well as they do on the R4.

I only bought the other chips because they were cheaper than the R4. If you can handle the price difference, or if the price difference is small for you, I'd suggest that you buy the R4 - it just plain works.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kevino said:
OK, I own several carts, inlcuding the R4 (2 of them), Supercard DS One, FireLink DS, AceKard2 and an N5. By FAR, the R4s have been my most reliable, maintenance free cards. They are not packed with as many features, but they have the main features that you want. They never have issues, and it is much easier to get things like cheats to work. In fact, if you want to use cheats (I normally don't) then the R4 is the way to go. I've had my 2 R4 chips for over a year, and they are in constant use and have no issues. My AceKard2 died after a week of use, and I don't want to get started on the N5 (although I think I "fixed" mine). The Supercard DS One is also a nice card, but cheats are a total pain, and don't work as well as they do on the R4.

I only bought the other chips because they were cheaper than the R4. If you can handle the price difference, or if the price difference is small for you, I'd suggest that you buy the R4 - it just plain works.

I got a CycloDS Evolution to replace my R4 after updates started to crawl. My CycloDS is just as reliable, as I have had no problems with it. Also it's interface is almost exactly the same, except that it has more features and can boot GBAs game straight from the menu. It also has real time save which I have had no problems with.
And I've heard from Acekard 2 owners and DSTT owners that their carts are easy to use and get updates fast. You say that cheats are the best on the R4 but that is not true. Most other carts have cheats now (DSTT, M3 Real, CycloDS Evo, Acekard 2, Supercard DS One V3, etc.) and can do cheats better than R4.

The Acekard 2 would be a good choice instead of the R4DS because of its great menus and support plus 3rd party menus. It is also cheaper than the R4.

Also, R4DS doesn't get updates anymore, and that is not "Reliable". A couple of major games do not work.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
You say that cheats are the best on the R4 but that is not true. Most other carts have cheats now (DSTT, M3 Real, CycloDS Evo, Acekard 2, Supercard DS One, etc.) and can do cheats better than R4.

Can't agree with you more. Perfect example is WarioWare Touched. The cheats for those games make the game itself glitchy. It takes out the "5-sec microgames" thing.

QUOTE(ferrariman @ Jul 2 2008, 08:54 PM) And I've heard from Acekard 2 owners and DSTT owners that their carts are VERY easy to use and get updates SUPER fast.

I am so proud to be a DSTT owner. A problem game comes up, bang! They have a new update.

emmas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VR cards are fakes
mad.gif
bought mine about a month ago, checking against my older card and the pictures on here is definately a clone

Dae'Von!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.r4ds-ds.com/brands/r4sdhc.com.html got my R4 from here, for like 20-25 bucks, with a 4 gb Kingston micro sdhc card thats a pretty good deal, other Sandisk 4gb cards i got were 10$ each, so R4 isnt too expensive, but yeah its getting a little outdated, but it can still perform, more just has to be done to crack the piracy for it to work, besides newer devices are having just as much difficulty o andi dontknow if mine is a clone or not but it plays movies music and the latest games patched Kingdom hearts too without any other problems so im satisfied

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol