R4 loading crash, nothing helps

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by bloedertje, May 24, 2011.

May 24, 2011
  1. bloedertje
    OP

Newcomer bloedertje Newbie

Netherlands
    i tried everything to ''repair'' it, my r4 is black with white dots and it says: R4 revolution for Ds (NDSL/NDS)
    and wood r4 always worked on it, but now suddenly it wont work anymore, i tried anything, paper trick, panasonic sd formatter, push the sd card a little bit harder, blow about 10 minutes in it, tried other kernels, delete all games and saves, and then try it (so it maybe can install itself) etc, and i really need help, the r4 is not 100% mine anymore cuz my normal ds broke so i got an dsiXL and i bought a new r4 (r4i gold, i think its a clone cuz its yellow and the link on it says:www.r4i-gold.com) and i gave the old one to my little brother, but it just wont work, he just wants 3 games that he will not be playing any sooner now, hes 7 now and he loves lego, so the 3 games he wants are: lego starwars the clone wars, lego pirates of the carribean, and lego battles ninjago, but he cant play it now, and that veeeeeeeeeeeery sad, so plz help me and you'll make 1 little kid happy

2. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Wait, your "normal ds" broke, and so you bought a "DSi XL"? So, both you and your brother are using the DSi XL now?

I'm sorry to have to tell you that the R4 which uses Wood R4 does not work with DSi/XL. It only works with the DS Phat or Lite.

Only certain flashcarts (like the R4i Gold you have) work on the DSi. These are usually denoted by the "i" in their name, e.g. R4i, Acekard 2i, Cyclods iEvo and so on (an exception is the Supercard DSTWO, which works despite not having an i in its name).

3. bloedertje
    OP

Netherlands
    nope, he got his own ds, a dsl, (we kinda have much money, but were not rich) i got my own, my little brother got 1, my little sister 2 (1 has a broken touch screen), and even my mom has 1

4. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    If you're sure you've tried everything then you might be forced to have to buy a new one. They're only £1.56 (see top of the page), your only problem is the delivery time.

5. bloedertje
    OP

Netherlands
    well, in holland where i live, there about 20 euros (thats about 15 dollars) and i cant afford that at the moment

6. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Can you not order from one of these sites listed on shoptemp.net? - Only about 2 euros on there.

7. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Did you try formatting with Panasonic SD Formatter? Or redownloading wood, incase something went wrong. Your little brother has a Ds Phat/Ds Lite right? If he doesn't it won't work. If it doesn't work with Panasonic SD Formatter and redownloading Wood, then therers not much you can do. [​IMG]

8. bloedertje
    OP

Netherlands
    fixed it, i accidentally sneezed on it and then it worked again, somehow

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    ...wait wat?

10. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Eww imagine all of those bugers on the contacts EWW!!!!

11. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    high wind pressure/speed whatever the fuck you can call it?

12. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Wow, seriously sneezed on it!? Next time someone asks we can just tell them to sneeze on their R4 to get it working!
    No, seriously this is why you blow the contacts, before you go changing firmware, formatting, trying paper trick, etc. It clears the dust and what ever might be ther to prevent contact with the DS. But still sneezed on it, lol!

13. bloedertje
    OP

Netherlands
    well, i cleaned it with a piece of toilet paper before trying