Hacking R4-III SDHC UPGRADE

mallybee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, apologies if these questions have been asked previously but I need some clear answers. I have used an R4DS with no problems and the user interface is friendly with the three icons for games, music and films.

Q1
Should the R4-III Upgrade screens look similar to the R4DS and have the three icons?
When I start the R4-III it displays a different screen without the three icons, just a list with a scroll bar. Is this the way it should look? It plays the games with no problems when I select them.

Q2
What Kernel files are required?
When I go to the site that is on the cartridge (WWW.R4111SDHC.COM) and download the latest Kernel software (v3.07) the following files and folders are extracted
r4.DAT
R4
My picture
MoonShell

Should it not also have?
Moonshl
_system_
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MSHL.NDS

If it does require these where do I get them?

Thank you in advance for any help.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have a clone

it won't be the same. just install the firmware they gave you

you would also waste your money.

HOW MANY TIME WILL THIS BE SAID ON THIS BOARD?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4-III Upgrade isn't a clone of the R4, it's a clone of another card (can't remember which off the top of my) but rebranded as R4 to cash in on the name. There's a thread somewhere in here (the R4 section) which lists what each R4 clone is actually a clone of. It'll probably be on about page 10 or somewhere near by now but if you keep looking you'll find it.

mustangken

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys a bit lost here !
Bought the R4-111 upgrade in its box with the USB card holder but with no instructions.I have a 4gb card in it and want to know where the operating system/menu comes from. I downloaded games and the NDS is showing "Menu?" in the top screen.
ANY help would be appreciated. Ken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte