R4 i card help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by papasbag, Jan 28, 2012.

Jan 28, 2012

R4 i card help by papasbag at 1:36 PM (588 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. papasbag
    OP

Newcomer papasbag Newbie

Ireland
    Hey everyone, I have recently bought a 3ds and with it I purchased an R4i card, heres the picture of it : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/r4if.jpg/

The card worked fine on my none updated 3DS which was version 1.0.0 or so, then I poped it to my friends 3DS, and it did not work, we tried updating the cards firmware to support the latest version of 3DS but here I had a problem:

the website that is written on the card www.r4infinity.com does not seem to have the firmware for this card to support 3DS 3.0, nor it has the card itself as a listed product, I tried to google this card but I just could not find anything for it out there, and

did not want to risk bricking it. Was just wondering if this card even supports 3DS version 3.0 or should I just go and return it to where I bought it? Thanks a lot for the time and help!

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There is no firmware update for Nintendo 3.0+ firmware for the version of card you bought. If you would have bought the card from r4infinity that said "Dual Core" on the sticker then it would have worked with Nintendo 3.0+ firmware.

The highest firmware update you can use on your card is this one :)

3. papasbag
    OP

Newcomer papasbag Newbie

Ireland
    Thanks a lot for the quick response, so I guess I should go and ask for a refund from the guy who sold me that, the funny thing is he also had the R4i gold one, which seems to support it, and he did not give it to me anyway.... Thanks for the help once more! :)

4. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You are welcome! :D

As far as the R4i Gold card he had, it could be made by about 10 different teams so be careful. If it says "r4ids.cn" or "r4idsn.com" then it is an awesome card, but if they say any other website, check online to see the highest Nintendo firmware it supports before you buy.

5. papasbag
    OP

Newcomer papasbag Newbie

Ireland
    I will keep that in mind when I visit the guy who sold it to me tomorrow , thanks so much for the help ! :))