abortion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I meant to ask this ages ago but forgot. The GBA functionality of the R4: Is there any way to make it directly boot to a GBA cart, using the R4 frame other than the EZ4 one?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I blind or just plain crazy? Isn't there an update somewhere to the PC cheat editor software to 1.01 (or is it just in the kernel that the cheat thing was update in?)

I meant to ask this ages ago but forgot. The GBA functionality of the R4: Is there any way to make it directly boot to a GBA cart, using the R4 frame other than the EZ4 one?
?? You just change the frame bitmap to whatever you want... or leave it off to go black.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks bobrules, they made it sound as if it was included in the 7.5M download (here). I did look on a chinese R4 site, but it still linked to 1.00 (after downloading and checking it)... for some reason I get the occasional twitch to hoard software I'd rarely use, and card related updates seems to be one of those things that gets the tic going
laugh.gif

iq_132: nice work BTW, can't confirm if it works or not, but nice
wink.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you guys who are having issues after the update, did you delete the old _DS_MENU.SYS file when you updated?

That file is automatically created when running the new firmware the first time. If you didn't delete it before running the new one, it can cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen.

I don't know what that file does, but it needs to be re-written by the new firmware to work right. Make sure to leave at least 4 megs free for it, that's the size of the file.

Hope that's useful info to someone.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues changing the skin in 1.09? I am. I have the 4 correctly named bmp files that I used before the update in _system & I erased all 12 of the themes in the Theme folder & dumped them in there too but it still uses the ugly ass Pac-Man skin (default). I never had this issue in the past, especially just changing the skins! HELP!

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone having issues changing the skin in 1.09? I am. I have the 4 correctly named bmp files that I used before the update in _system & I erased all 12 of the themes in the Theme folder & dumped them in there too but it still uses the ugly ass Pac-Man skin (default). I never had this issue in the past, especially just changing the skins! HELP!

Try pressing select while on the menu...

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues changing the skin in 1.09? I am. I have the 4 correctly named bmp files that I used before the update in _system & I erased all 12 of the themes in the Theme folder & dumped them in there too but it still uses the ugly ass Pac-Man skin (default). I never had this issue in the past, especially just changing the skins! HELP!

Try pressing select while on the menu...
So which folder do the bmp files NEED to be in?

Varg

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to 1.09 and when i turn it on it shows the 'LOADING'-text as usual.. but when the text disappears, the screens just stay black...

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated to 1.09 and when i turn it on it shows the 'LOADING'-text as usual.. but when the text disappears, the screens just stay black...

Did you delete the _DS_MENU.SYS file? Usually I have to do that when I upgrade so that the new menu makes a new _DS_MENU.SYS to go with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer