R4 card not working

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey! Bit of a long shot.. my r4 card is t working on a new dsi I got! Isn’t even turning up on the screen.. it’s from r4iSDHC.com.. micro sd seems fine and has all the proper files coming up on my computer.. it just won’t show up on my ds!
I have 100s of hours logged on various games and really don’t wanna lose it 😩 any help would be great!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Is it an older cart? If so, it's probably blacklisted by the latest firmware. There might be a firmware update you can do to the cart to fix that, if you can post a picture of the cart that'll help identify exactly which one.

Alternatively you can also install CFW on the DSi and that'll remove the blacklist so any flashcard will work. (specifically Unlaunch will remove the blacklist from the DSi Menu or you can load it from TWiLight Menu++ if Unlaunch is installed)

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is it an older cart? If so, it's probably blacklisted by the latest firmware. There might be a firmware update you can do to the cart to fix that, if you can post a picture of the cart that'll help identify exactly which one.

Alternatively you can also install CFW on the DSi and that'll remove the blacklist so any flashcard will work. (specifically Unlaunch will remove the blacklist from the DSi Menu or you can load it from TWiLight Menu++ if Unlaunch is installed)
Thanks! I’ll deffo try download that to my dsi! I’m just not sure how 😅😅

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

The from of the card is covered with a ‘300in1’ sticker.. so unsure of the exact model! :)

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
The from of the card is covered with a ‘300in1’ sticker.. so unsure of the exact model! :)
Hmm, well there's a few different r4isdhc.com cards in the flashcard-archive GitHub repo some of which have firmware updates, however you don't want to run a firmware update or even kernel meant for a different card so not sure which would be correct without more details...

Even with the sticker, pictures of it may help and if it comes apart easily pictures of the board inside would probably help identify it too.

Reactions: Hazelgirl98

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Here’s the inside of the card! I really hope this helps! I’m beginning to lose hope 😅😅

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: Pk11

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Here’s the inside of the card! I really hope this helps! I’m beginning to lose hope 😅😅
Hmm, I think that looks like it's one of the recent ones, are you sure the card slot is actually working correctly? If other carts work it could maybe just be bad contact on the flashcard and cleaning it or putting a bit of paper behind it may help.

Maybe the r4isdhc.com Silver RTS Lite NEW firmware update is right for that, but I'm not confident on that so I wouldn't recommend running it unless someone can confirm that, I've let @lifehackerhansol (who manages that repo) know about this on Discord so maybe he'll know better than me what exactly this cart would need.

If the card slot is dead you could always just install TWiLight Menu++ and just copy your games and saves over and play that way.

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hmm, I think that looks like it's one of the recent ones, are you sure the card slot is actually working correctly? If other carts work it could maybe just be bad contact on the flashcard and cleaning it or putting a bit of paper behind it may help.

Maybe the r4isdhc.com Silver RTS Lite NEW firmware update is right for that, but I'm not confident on that so I wouldn't recommend running it unless someone can confirm that, I've let @lifehackerhansol (who manages that repo) know about this on Discord so maybe he'll know better than me what exactly this cart would need.

If the card slot is dead you could always just install TWiLight Menu++ and just copy your games and saves over and play that way.
Thanks so much for everything! The ds is running every other game I have so just the r4 isn’t working! I am deffo losing hope now 😂 I’m honestly so useless with this stuff as only really got into r4 cards when I got this one! Thanks again so much!

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
First off, if you haven't, back up all of your games and save files.

Give the SD card a good format. You can follow https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html

Next, download YSMenu from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
Extract all files inside the R4i-SDHC YSMenu folder to your SD card, then see if that boots.
First off, if you haven't, back up all of your games and save files.

Give the SD card a good format. You can follow https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html

Next, download YSMenu from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
Extract all files inside the R4i-SDHC YSMenu folder to your SD card, then see if that boots.
Ok so I followed this, and still nothing.. I think the card may be gone 😩 I’ve uploaded what the card contained after to see if I did it right.. and what my dsi showed.. also attached what was one it before (I backed this all up)

Attachments

• 3D4E69CD-AD72-40A1-A6FF-659D5F554E5F.jpeg
    3D4E69CD-AD72-40A1-A6FF-659D5F554E5F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
  • D699BEF1-36EC-4753-A966-9301CA184E69.jpeg
    D699BEF1-36EC-4753-A966-9301CA184E69.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 67499410-A6DA-4156-A8D8-AB1F8D71C991.jpeg
    67499410-A6DA-4156-A8D8-AB1F8D71C991.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 76

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try giving the card some cleaning on the pins. As well, the usual Nintendo trick of blowing in the slot (because that always works for some reason.)

It seems to me that at the very least the files are placed correctly. So that is not the problem.

Reactions: Hazelgirl98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi