Hacking R4 Battery Question

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS Lite has battery around 19 hours of uninterrupted gaming.How many hours could the battery last with the R4 of uninterrupted gaming and how many in standby mode???
unsure.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS Lite has battery around 19 hours of uninterrupted gaming.
No, it doesn't. Depending on the screen brightness, you should get about 5-10 hours of battery life with a standard game cart, and about 10-20% less with a flashcart.

You will get far less battery life in standby with a flashcart than you will with a standard game cart.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5~ hours uninterrupted.

One time I accidentally left my DS in standby mode for over 3 days.
I didn't even realize it was on.

On a side note, I accidentally left my PSP in standby mode for 2 weeks not too long ago!

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I must have remembered wrong. Looking back at my sources (GBAtemp's flashcart reviews), it looks like it was about 5 hours at max brightness or 8-9 hours at the second lowest brightness with a retail cart, and about 10% less with a slot 1 flashcart.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I read in wikipedia that ds lite battery (li on) is better to charge lot of times than charge full cycles like ni cd , it's specification of li on batteries.

Skye07

Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, Li-ion is designed in such a way you do not have to fully use the battery till all the power is depleted.

And about the sleep mode with the R4, it does consume ALOT of power, my DSphat was fully charged, I played for an hour or 3, closed it and put it aside till after dinner, a little over an hour I come back and after just a bit the battery color changed red >.

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine seems to last about 5 and a half hours(less if I've been watching movies in Moon shell). I rarely ever see that little red light though because I just put mine on the charger when I'm not using it. I play on the second highest light setting though so you could definitely get more time out of the battery on a lower setting. It also helps if you just stick with a certain game instead of constantly resetting or turning off your ds to pick a new one.....

and sleep mode sucks balls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs