R4 Animal Crossing Help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by gunray10, May 17, 2011.

May 17, 2011

R4 Animal Crossing Help by gunray10 at 1:50 AM (2,255 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. gunray10
    OP

Newcomer gunray10 Newbie

United States
    My Animal Crossing Game Wont Work , It Always A White Screen,
    That , And The Following Games :
    Plants Vs Zombies
    The World Ends With You(Always Freezes On Starting Credits After Running Away From Frogs)
    Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Those Are My Games That Dont Work

(NOTE:I Am Using R4u, The Original R4 For The DS And DS Lite , Using V 1.35 English , And NO , ITS NOT A FAKE)
    Hope Someone Helps [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    R4u is a fake.
    Theres only v1.18 for the Original R4 DS.
    You have a bad fake dude.
    Try Retrogamefans updates with YSmenu.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

4. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    Can You Post The File Structure Of Your Firwware Please?

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yes, it is a fake. I've never even heard of "R4u", and as mentioned the official updates stopped at 1.18.

http://gbatemp.net/t277771-how-to-get-new-games-to-run

6. gunray10
    OP

Newcomer gunray10 Newbie

United States
    accually, i meant its the original r4 revolution , ima explain what my r4 is :
    -my micro ds can hold up to 4GB
    -its r4i-u
    -most of my games work
    -i can change my themes
    -im using V1.35 (http://r4i-u.com/download.asp)< read description on top

that should be it , and 1 more thing , i didnt add any custom firmware or homebrews yet

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  8. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    My advice to you: either try using YSmenu which was mentioned before ,or stick to the firmware updates from the site on the box

9. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Yes, try YSMenu, or maybe go to the website on the sticker of your card, and see if its kernel has been updated since you put the kernel on your card. If your problem isn't solved, you have no other choice, but to either, get a better card, or play other games and live without this game.
    And yes, there was no R4i, R4u, R4iGold, R4iDSN, R4Ultra, etc., etc., made by the original R4 team. While sometimes clones are actually an improvement over the original (the R4iDSN, R4iGold and R4iUltra all are decent clones with either Wood for the 1st two, and AKAIO for the R4iUltra, and all support SDHC, DSi, etc.), and a few have decent support (the ones I mentioned have fairly good support anyway). These are not necessarily for the worse, but just can't match better cards such as the DSTWO and Acekard 2i.

10. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I don't think that is the solution in this case. ACWW is one of the older games, so any firmware should be able to run that game. Of course for newer games having a clone is bad news, but older games should not give troubles even when the newest firmware is 2 years old. For example the original 1.18 R4 firmware runs ACWW just fine on a original R4 card.

My suggestion would be to backup the SD card, reformat with the panasonic SD card formatter and put the files back. Also ACWW behaves bad when the ROM is changed, so use a known clean ROM from a backup. To be sure just replace it anyway. I had this experience with the original R4 and Transcend 1 GB card. After a while ACWW gave problems and doing a binary compare (FC /b DOS command) of the ROM on the card and the ROM in my backup showed some bits where altered. Never had this problem with a 1 GB Kingston or 2 GB Sandisk card.

If that doesn't help, try another SD card, preferably from another make. As described, different cards may behave differently.

If all this doesn't work then your R4 clone must be either pretty bad or defective. In both cases the only solution is to buy a new, better, card.