R e v o l u t i o n

300megs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I cant wait to see some of the addons to the rev "user interface" since it will have the online play i can probably safely say that it will have a keybord attachment for those online games that you would need more buttons for.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OH MY A REVOLUTIONARY CONTROLLER!?

how the fuck are you supposed to play all the old games with this?

that will be fuckin retarded.

you can still use the gamecube controller for that :\

ahh i forgot about that. cause i would preffer to play madden with the gc controller unless they utilize a better way to play with the new controler.... although playmaker would be wierd with that thing lol.

Chakal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great!!! Now we need to see games!

I hope many X-Box 260 and PS3 fans will want to switch to the Rev after seeing this.

Many colors is nice too. I want the black one
biggrin.gif

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I waited a bit to pass judgement on this controller, I read reviews, watched a video, checked out it's specs, so I'm not just commenting on one picture. I personnally dislike it, and while the revolution itself does look sexy, I really really hope they come out with something more classical. I am not a fan of unique controllers I guess, I don't want to have to sit there and move and it does not make me feel like I'm more in the game, I want something that will fit comfortably, that while playing a fighting game I can get a good grip on. It doesn't look like I can do that well with this. I really hope we get an alternative, or the revolution is something I won't even think about, good games or no.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omg it is obviously made for little jap hands. my big grubby hands are most best made for grabbing girl's tits while playing revolution then.

p5100pc3

Trophies
Website
none
XP
Country
United States
Revolution is on the wayÂ
wink2.gif

First rev useÂ
laugh.gif

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

It looks kool, but games are kinda getting a bit more advanved than the old NES days. I just hope that the button system works out fine, cuz it looks like some games will end up having better control on the other two consoles due to more button access.

Smirre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very sweet looking. I'll welcome gladly innovations which point towards the future. Time to let go of old habits and old-school controllers.
wink.gif

Iwata said on E3 that when you'll see the controller you will say wow. Wow indeed.
smile.gif

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember an interview with SEGA awhile back where they were commenting on how they tried to make a controller that would be 'cool' to carry around for the Dreamcast. The most they were able to come up with was the VMU, but said that if anyone could create such a controller, Nintendo could. I think Nintendo really delivered.

I was kinda hoping for a VMU style screen on the controller but the idea of playing an updated Duck Hunt or Battle Clash is giving me goosebumps.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen it, I'm intrigued!
blink.gif

At first glance when I checked up on it this morning I'm sure I wasn't the first person to say "WTF? Is that it?!". I thought it was prehaps a supplement remote control, like the Xbox 360 MCE remote.

But, after viewing the teaser video and reading up on the "revolutionary" controller, I think it has a absolutely fantastic potential and I just can't wait to see what Nintendo's launch titles will do, to fully prove the potential Nintendo hopes this controller will provide, and how different game genres can all take advantage of it... (I also can't wait to see some real show floor game play footage of people using this thing and tech demos! Are they any out there yet?)

FPS', sports games (golf, tennis...), puzzle games, RPG's... they could all take advantage of the controller SO very well. (*Cough* erk,.. what about platformers?)
The new controller could really submerge you into the games and let you play them like you've never played them before.
No more button pressing and fiddly button combos to perform actions in the games, now you've really got to play game.
wink.gif

I really have to admire Nintendo for giving us these new innovative ways of playing games, (Hell, if Nintendo won't, who will? Sony and Microsoft daren't. They'll just give mainstream gamers what they want, and what those gamers know. Which ISN'T A BAD THING!). But, Nintendo are trying to make the whole gaming experience as a whole more fun, more enjoyable for everyone and are trying to bring new kinds of people into the gaming world. Whether they succeed or not is a different story.
laugh.gif
But hey, bless them.
smile.gif

The only thing that quirks me about the controller, is that it's going to have that same affect on developers that the DS had. And that is that the developers will feel the need to always take advantage of the new functionality again,... and that this won't always be the best way. If they do it right, so much the better! If they do it wrong... the whole game could become difficult, and not FUN.

PS. For fuck sake! It's a remote shaped controller and a joystick attachment people. Grow up. A person would think you'd never eaten a banana before.

Sinic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that the new controller has alot of potential. The thing that got me the most was using it as a sword hehe. That would be awsome.

There's one problem that I have thought of though. I don't know if you guys remember E3. Well Sony did a presentation and using Eye Toy and two cups where they were filling the cups with water and then throwing it around and stuff. I think it was called "duck demo". I think that in some ways Sony/Microsoft could introduce similar control schemes as Revolution using a camera and a other objects. This would mean that revolution would not be so revolutionary after all.

Just my thoughts.

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder who gave Nintendo the idea of making the controller a control.This was design in Japen so they didn't sound the same.Also in this picture, do you think there will be a lot of arcade syle FPS?That will be awesome
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1