Homebrew R button "always pressed", a solution using homebrew possible?

DZekrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 2DS R Button is stuck since last month, I desoldered the button and it still always pressed (I really dunno have a clue about what's the cause/how the hell is it possible, but anyway...).

Someone know if is possible to disable a button directly on firmware? Like intercept each button press coming from anywhere and nullifying then. And also if is possible to make a trigger to catch a combination like "L+A" and translate to R, to repair it's functionality partially.

Well, thanks for any help.

DZekrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the problem, I desoldered because the button was in this state of "always pressed" and to make sure if it was a problem on the button itself. But it was not ... seems to be something in the system: / I found similar situations on the Internet, but no one found an answer. And that's why I'm wondering if it's possible to make a workaround with homebrews.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think what he meant was; did you accidentally close the circuit of the R button when you finished desoldering? If there's a little leftover solder on the motherboard then the system might be reading that as "held down constantly".

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

DZekrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The contacts are well clean, no sign of any particle that may be closing the circuit. An addendum. In some homebrews that use the R button for something, this problem does not appear, there's no signal of "R button always pressed". Only in the Home Menu and games.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
NTR CFW could do this.
Could. But won't, since it's dead.

When a face button isn't available, it's not usually left in a neutral position. Learned from not attaching my Circle Pad and ABXY ribbons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all