Hacking R and L button For the DS

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And make sure that you be careful when you take apart our DS. Don't wanna break anything or lose anything.
biggrin.gif

narutoblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I posted this solution at Nintendo forum and I need confirmation that it works!
Omg I think I found out a cure for these L and R trgger illness. I had the same problem for like days now. My L trigger would not respond well. I tried whacking which kinda resolve the problem but it would happen again. So this didnt help. So you want to know how to fix it? Well, I just figure this solution like 15min ago. Lets hope your ds is not in a major predicament. So what I did was just simply open the tap and let it hit my L trigger for like 2 secs and ipe off the water and wahla my L trigger responds perfectly again. I dunno if its permanent or not but we will have to see but hey it worked for me give it a shot!

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Omg I think I found out a cure for these L and R trgger illness. I had the same problem for like days now. My L trigger would not respond well. I tried whacking which kinda resolve the problem but it would happen again. So this didnt help. So you want to know how to fix it? Well, I just figure this solution like 15min ago. Lets hope your ds is not in a major predicament. So what I did was just simply open the tap and let it hit my L trigger for like 2 secs and ipe off the water and wahla my L trigger responds perfectly again. I dunno if its permanent or not but we will have to see but hey it worked for me give it a shot!

Don't clean electronics with water. Use something more volatile.

narutoblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Don't clean electronics with water. Use something more volatile.

Oh yeah tilt it at a angle so the water dont seep in your ds so be cautious.

draken529

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have any1 tried that solution but other than water, with alcohol? or use a mini clip or something to wiggle the grey cylinder (very small) button inside the ds L button?....

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Technically, water doesn't harm electronics. It's a widespread misconception that it does. It's the introduction of power into a chip while it's wet that will kill it. This includes both the battery and static electricity. If you were to properly dry it before turning it on, there's no reason it won't work. Anybody with experience fixing these components after accidental spills will tell you the same.

This doesn't mean you should go out of your way to submerge your devices. There are minerals like calcium in your tap water that _can_ harm the device if it's not opened and properly cleaned after the fact. So if for some reason you ever actually need to rinse a device, use something like distilled water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night