Quote off someone from GFAQs regarding DSiWare

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by misticknight, Jul 10, 2010.

Jul 10, 2010
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    "The DSi has been cracked for a long time. There are tons of flashcarts on the market for it. DSiware is available on the scene just as easily as ROMs."

Is this true? If so can you actually play DSiWare roms, or are they just available for download but with no way to play them yet? I know i dont have to "defent" myself on this site btw, since its a given most of us are pirates [​IMG] but i normally would buy DSiWare since there so cheap, but the last 4 games i bought (Rayman, Mario and Donkey Kong, Paper Plane and that ArtStyle game thats like tetris i forgot the name of suddenly) i didnt play after like....3 goes.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    Probably just there for future(if ever) use.

AS for the DSi being cracked,I'm not sure if thats the correct term for it xD

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DSi has not been hacked.

A few (very few) DSiWare games have been dumped, however none of it has been successfully decrypted/hacked so they stopped bothering to dump it (since nothing can be done with them) after the first few. Meaning no, they cannot be played, at all.

Whoever posted that was talking out of his ass.

4. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    ah crap, got excited for nothing lol. hopefully it gets hacked soon, alot of games i want to try but no way im spending anymore money till i can (except for Soul of Darkness im buying that soon as it hits EU).

5. Archangel12

Newcomer Archangel12 Member

United States
    It sounds like one of the crackpot goody goods on Gamefaqs who think they know every single little goddamn thing about pirating, and try to say how bad it is and blah blah...