Gaming Quick Question

Terce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly new to the PSP hacking scene (just bought one today), with a PSP Slim 200X that's hackable (it's one of the God of War ones, refurbished).

There in lies the problem. Apparently the refurbishing also included an upgrade of the OFW to 6.20.

I want to install some homebrews and possible load PSP ISO's, but I am unable to install the CFW necessary for homebrews and ISO loaders. I have two options (as far as I know, which isn't very far).

First is to use a (premade) pandora battery and MS to downgrade to 5.3 and install the CFW there.

Second is to find either a CFW for 6.2 or find a less intrusive way to downgrade to 5.3

What is the opinion here? Would a pandora battery be the simplest (and "fastest") method?

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pandora is SUPER easy and quick.

After you shell out 6 bucks on a battery and around 20 on a good size card that supports MagicGate, you can make a MMS and flash your PSP to whatever CFW you want in literally less than 10 minutes.

You can buy a Pandora battery at dealextreme for 6 bucks. Or, if you're like me and have had a bad experience with them, you might want to check out this USA dealer: http://pandorasales.com/

And as for a memory stick... well, you were going to buy one anyways right? Either way you go, you're going to need a memory stick. This is the one I ordered. EXTREMELY satisfied. 8gb, genuine (not a clone), supports MagicGate, and has blazing read/write speeds for under $20. I can transfer a 1.6gb ISO to my card in less than 7 minutes. Don't be turned off because it's a Lexar. Amazon claims that they will give you a Platinum II Lexar, but really they ship out Mark II cards which IIRC are a LOT faster. And trust me, it's fast. Really fast loading times in-game as well.

Terce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast response.

I was going to build my own Magic Stick, as I got a memory card already, but I'll check the prices for a combo pandora battery and magic stick.

Now I have to get my plans in order. Get CFW, find the proper emulators and making sure I understand this all. If only my job wasn't killing me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.