Quick Question: ROM Icons

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TSPhoenix, Oct 22, 2009.

1. TSPhoenix
    OP

TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    Just a quick one. I know NDSHeader 2.0 can extract DS ROM Icons, but what is the best way to edit the icon of a DS rom?

I found a video that used something called Romer, but it only accepts 16-colour BMPs and I didn't find the program anyway. Is there a better program for this? FYI I want to edit the icon of the Deoxys Distibution ROM.

Thanks in advance

2. TSPhoenix
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    Nobody knows? =(

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I believe the functionality was also added to Rominator but for the most part people stick with ROMER.
    http://filetrip.net/f222-RomeR-2-1-Beta.html
    16 bit BMP is a bit hard to get a program to do it but they do exist, I forgot the name of the one I normally use but I will edit this post if I do recall it.

Failing that anyone who cared and was not satisfied with ROMER would use a tile editor and conventional hacking techniques.

4. TSPhoenix
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    Thanks, Romer works, but results are ugly as was bound to be the case considering the source format.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice