Quick question regarding patching and updating

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MainframeF4, Nov 28, 2008.

1. MainframeF4
    OP

Newcomer MainframeF4 Advanced Member

United States
    I usually patch my games using the "WiiBackupPatcher" that i believe i found in an older Zip from DjTaz a while back.
    I have copied some games using this patcher and know that they should be asking me to update when playing but are not (On the newer games). Now I am not saying i want to update especially when playing a PAL title on my NTSC console but i was curious if the patching is removing the update?
    I wanted to know because my son plays most of the games and the last thing i want is to come home one day and find a bricked Wii from a PAL update or something like that.
    I know to use brickblocker blocker on games if i really want to play it safe but i was just curious if the patching was having the same effect or if brickblocking only applied to 1:1 games and patched games were safe.

Thanks

EDIT: I know some people will say "Don't use patched games, just use 1:1" and trust me i know it would be quicker and easier but the burning setup im using requires me to patch for size reasons when taking ISO's back and forth on a 5GB drive.