Quick question regarding flashcards!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fatsquirrel, Mar 21, 2014.

1. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Hello!

Before I start the questions I must say that I did read the stickies and I still do not know some things.
    :)
    Now to the questions...
    Im about to purchase 3dsxl and Im trying to figure our which card is the best.

Im very much leaning towards gateway, however bricks are scary. May I ask, how can I avoid bricking my 3ds and still having gateway? If that makes sense...

Is MT Card made in China, does anyone know?
    Also, is it a good competitor with Gateway?

Which one should I get guys?

2. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    If I were in your position, I would go with Gateway and if you're that concerned with bricking, you can revert to an older firmware (1.2, or 2.0b1). Personally, I have a Gateway and have been using their "dangerous" b2 firmware and have been fine *knock on wood* Am I in danger of bricking? Yes, but there's a small chance. The chances are greatly increased if I were to use their diagnostic test on the b2 firmware, so I stay away from that.

The reason I suggest Gateway is because they're the team that every other team is copying. I don't know much about MT-Card though, so I can't comment on that.

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You can use an outdated launcher with GW if you don't want to risk bricking.
    Every flashcard is made in China, even Gateway. Maybe the teams have members in Europe/ the USA but they get produced in China. You can't produce them in first-world countries without beeing sued by Nintendo.
    Currently the MT has the most features of all 3DS mode flashcards and they had the last update. It's currently the best one (at my opinion).

That's up to you :P

4. b00100100

b00100100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2009
    United States
    I'd like to suggest that you try and purchase a 3DS XL with firmware below 4.5 first before you buy any Flash card. A couple weeks ago I purchased a new 3DS XL by following the copyright and serial number info listed on this site, and was successful in getting a 4.4 version. Still there were not many of these 3DS's at the gamestop I went too, and I was very nervous unboxing because I didnt want the purchase to be a 220 dollar mistake. So get your 3DS XL 4.5 or lower first, then figure out your flash card.

IronClouds likes this.
  5. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    ALRIGHTY!

I got my paws on sweet new 3ds with version 4.4.
    Can you guys suggest me which shop sends MT card the fastest possible?

Kind regards