OldLinkCj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I know all current firmware are hackable now, but I would really like the 9.0 - 11.3 option of using soundhax since I've gotten homebrew that way before and it seems easy

Anyway, Does anyone know if *New*3DS XLs are shipped with higher firmwares as time goes on from Nintendo to stores, or anything? (2016- 9.x, 2017- 10.x 2018- 11.x for example)

Thanks for reading

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello
I know all current firmware are hackable now, but I would really like the 9.0 - 11.3 option of using soundhax since I've gotten homebrew that way before and it seems easy

Anyway, Does anyone know if *New*3DS XLs are shipped with higher firmwares as time goes on from Nintendo to stores, or anything? (2016- 9.x, 2017- 10.x 2018- 11.x for example)

Thanks for reading
yes, newer shipments will have a higher firmware, you may not get a free entry point, so you will just have to see when you purchase it

OldLinkCj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, newer shipments will have a higher firmware, you may not get a free entry point, so you will just have to see when you purchase it
Guess I'll have to buy one and check the box serial for known firmware & return if its not the desired one xd
Thank you for your response, you've been very helpful!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I wouldn't bother returning it if it is over 11.3, I would get a flashcart regardless and do ntrboot. It is faster.and easier. If someone brings me a console to hack I never look at the firmware, I just do ntrboot for them. It's especially easy if you follow CyberQuake NTR pack guide. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntrpack-pc-less-b9s-install-using-ntrboot.481141/
And if you do ntrboot you get a DS flashcart afterward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34