Quick question about jumping firmwares

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by itsjch, Sep 14, 2016.

1. itsjch
    OP

itsjch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Sydney
    Hi I currently have luma3ds on 11.33E but I backed up a NAND on 9.2 am I able to restore that NAND and magically jump back to 9.2 and will I lose my games and saves? (Mostly like lose them from my guess)

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Downgrading via backup of the same console: Yes, in fact it's by far the cleanest and most reliable way

Losing games/saves: If they weren't installed when you made the backup, they won't appear as installed due to missing tickets: however if the movable.sed is the same (you didn't factory reset/tinyformat/system transfer after creating that backup) you can just reinstall the tickets (or the cias with devmenu, which will see the files are already on SD and stop after the ticket)

itsjch likes this.
  3. itsjch
    OP

itsjch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Sydney
    So from what I understand yes its able to be downgraded which is perfect but im not entirely sure how this movable.sed and tickets thing works I mean I did see something in FBI installer saying tickets but wasent to sure.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think your save games will still work, as long as you never did a format since backing up 9.2. You can back up the saves with JKSM beforehand if you want to be sure.

5. itsjch
    OP

itsjch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    Sydney
    Ok I just need to know this I installed all my cia's that I wanted on 11.3E and I want to downgrade via my 9.2 NAND backup so I will restore 9.2 how do I excatly restore those CIA's Im not entirely sure how this Ticket system works?