Quick Question about Homebrew Channel

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Maturan, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    Hi, I recently got my old 3DS back from my cousin and plan on installing the homebrew launcher on my 3DS. My question is, if I update to the newest firmware while I have the homebrew launcher on my 3DS will I lose the homebrew launcher or not be able to use it?

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    If your using a secondary exploit (one that requires a hacked 3ds) you need to update the payloads for that firmware if it works on it. I wouldn't update the 3ds though.

3. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    I want to play Pokemon X and OR, will I be able to play those on 10.3.0-28U?

4. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    If you are on that version, I reccomend installing a9lh. (Advantages of a9lh described in that page).
    If you don't want to install a9lh, for any reason, just make sure the entrypoint you are using (ninjhax, oothax, steelhax, browserhax, etc) can be used in 11.2 and how to update it. (Tell us which one do you use)

5. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    Welp just tried browserhax and it says i have to update to use browser :'). Yea ill install a9lh, is there any way to install homebrew launcher without having a game like cubic ninja

6. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    There is a trick that removes the update message allowing to use browserhax, just continue following the guide ;)

7. Maturan
    OP

Maturan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Canada
    I just get SSL Connection Failed when im connecting to the browserhax entry point, Im following all the steps right Idk whats wrong

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nvm i found another entrypoint http://browserhax.dahou.se/

8. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    I should note that you don't 'install' the homebrew launcher, you use an entrypoint to access it. Entrypoints only work on particular system versions, so even if you can access the HBL before doing a system update, you won't be able to afterwards (depending on the circumstances). If you're on 10.3, I would install A9LH, then you won't have to worry about homebrew access and can update to the latest system version.