Homebrew quick nooby question about SafeA9LHInstaller

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have reinand up and running on my 9.2 N3ds and i have a sysnand that i regularly update with all of my games n stuff. however i dont think im on 11.0 currently. anyway i was thinking of installing a9lhinstaller since it would be cool to skip the reinand boot process and what not and i hear it is easy to do now. so my question is (since i dont want to use my brain or research this) if i install this will my 3ds boot into my sysnand or my emunand? is the process to get it to boot into emunand complicated? also whats going to happen to reinand do i have to get rid of it? what do i have to do to migrate my current emunand life to this new thing?!?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you follow Plailects guide you will be able to clone your emuNAND to you sysNAND, delete the emuNAND, then just run the CFW on the sysNAND. You won't lose anything if you do it right.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Simple steps:

- Use Decrypt9 to dump your emunand.bin
- Downgrade your sysnand to 2.1 to install a9lh
- install a9lh
- restore your emunand.bin keeping a9lh in your sysnand
- You will have your emunand on your sysnand, so that emunand will be your new sysnand. You will have all the data and stuff there. Profit.

You can delete your emunand partition from the SD as you will no longer need it.

Edit: You can yous emuNand Tool to extract the emunand.bin too

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Simple steps:

- Use Decrypt9 to dump your emunand.bin
- Downgrade your sysnand to 2.1 to install a9lh
- install a9lh
- restore your emunand.bin keeping a9lh in your sysnand
- You will have your emunand on your sysnand, so that emunand will be your new sysnand. You will have all the data and stuff there. Profit.

You can delete your emunand partition from the SD as you will no longer need it.

Edit: You can yous emuNand Tool to extract the emunand.bin too
I don't know if you followed the news in 3ds scene the past couple days but now everyone with new 3ds and arm9 exploit can install a9lh without the need for otp.bin thus no need to downgrade to 2.1
So please next time you will post be sure to have all the latest info!

Last edited by Arceus922,

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
I don't know if you followed the news in 3ds scene the past couple days but now everyone with new 3ds and arm9 exploit can install a9lh without the need for otp.bin thus no need to downgrade to 2.1
So please next time you will post be sure to have all the latest info!

It's not even released (It's even highly recommended to not do it if not having hardmod) so before you quote, be sure what you're saying ;)

Released = Noob friendly and WELL TESTED release

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's not even released (It's even highly recommended to not do it if not having hardmod) so next time, before you quote, be sure what you are saying x)
1) plailects guide got updated
2) safea9lhinstaller got updated
3) if its not released just tell him to wait... when it will get released he will be able to do it in 10 mins and with a way safer procedure...

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
1) plailects guide got updated
2) safea9lhinstaller got updated
3) if its not released just tell him to wait... when it will get released he will be able to do it in 10 mins...

Buddy, it only saves like 20 mins and a sysnand back up. Why would I say him to wait for that? I made like 20-25 installations of a9lh without any problem. I will post what I tested ;)

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Buddy, it only saves like 20 mins and a sysnand back up. Why would I say him to wait for that? I made like 20-25 installations of a9lh without any problem. I will post what I tested ;)
but plailect guide right now tells all new 3ds users to do a9hl with the otpless method! do you think he would update it if it hadn't been tested enough???...

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
but now plailect guide right now tells all new 3ds users to do a9hl with the otpless method! do you think he would update it if it hadn't been tested enough???...

This is really off-topic and I dunno why you came this way. Before posting this kind of shit, just be sure if there's a release or at least, say things in a good way. I recommended what I've done SO many times. Anyway, restoring the emunand will be the same as it will be on 11.0/11.1 (Emunand firmware) when it's done. ;)

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is really off-topic and I dunno why you came this way. Before posting this kind of shit, just be sure if there's a release or at least, say things in a good way. I recommended what I've done SO many times. Anyway, restoring the emunand will be the same as it will be on 11.0/11.1 (Emunand firmware) when it's done. ;)
I am not going to debate this anymore... OP will just decide to use the otpless method since he wants a method that doesn't require too much time...
And its clearly not off-topic...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...