Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
Question 1:

From what I've read, using FAT32/NTFS is better than WBFS format for your external HDD for obvious reasons.

Am I correct?
And also, is there any reason you'd rather use FAT32 than NTFS?

I'm always worried that splitting those few games between two .WBFS files might mess a game up or something.

Question 2:
Considering the difference between .iso files and .wbfs files, which is preferred?
And is there a way to "scrub" .iso files? i.e. remove update data, dummy files, etc
Answer 1:
FAT32 is the best because it is more stable, you can run apps from it (SD is still better than a HDD when running apps though), and you can use the HDD for stuff on your computer (unlike WBFS). Splitting files won't have any negative affects on the games. They will still run at the same speed and compatibility.

Answer 2:
wbfs files are much better than iso files because they save space. Some games are actually only a few hundred megabytes in wbfs, but take up 4.37GB in iso format.
When you rip your games to your HDD with a USB loader, they will automatically be scrubbed and split. You can also do this with Wii Backup Manager.

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i am new on this forum ,
i wish someone with experience will help me
i bought a modified wii yesterday
laugh.gif
but i don't now anything about wii
unsure.gif

these are the information of my device :
-white wii with ver 4.2u
-with neogamma r8 beta7 Ios 249 (rev 14 ) , with homebrow channel and usb loader GX
i want to upgrade my neogamma , i have headache from huge text on the forum
wacko.gif
so some one help me please
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

can someone answer these questions :
what is recommended neogamma that will keep my device safely from full brick and compatible with my device ?
should i uninstall the previous one? if yes how ?
from which step i should start following the instructions ?
how to restore everything in case of brick during playing games?
how i can play gamecube games?

thank for u guys and sorry taking your time

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My scrubbed copy is 6.51GB (6,991,904,768 bytes). I use CFG USB Loader v70 with cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6. I haven't had any issues.

StripyWitch

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just wondering, is there a list of compatible USB drives that work with the wii? I've tried several that my dad had lying around, but none were picked up by CFG. I'm currently evacuating my data from my own external 500GB seagate something-or-other to see if that will work. Thanks.
EDIT: Ah nevermind, I found it... Oops.

Have I understood this right?
I can put backups on my USB and run them from there to reduce loading times, without making a change to my USB External hard drive?
I can convert my backups from iso files to multiple wbfs files, so they can bypass the 4gb limit on a fat32 sdhc card and be run from there?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StripyWitch said:
I was just wondering, is there a list of compatible USB drives that work with the wii? I've tried several that my dad had lying around, but none were picked up by CFG. I'm currently evacuating my data from my own external 500GB seagate something-or-other to see if that will work. Thanks.
EDIT: Ah nevermind, I found it... Oops.

Have I understood this right?
I can put backups on my USB and run them from there to reduce loading times, without making a change to my USB External hard drive?
I can convert my backups from iso files to multiple wbfs files, so they can bypass the 4gb limit on a fat32 sdhc card and be run from there?

StripyWitch, look here: Wii USB Storage Device Compatibility List

Now for my question: Is there any difference between installing a cIOS to 248 than 249? Does the number of the slot matter?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Now for my question: Is there any difference between installing a cIOS to 248 than 249? Does the number of the slot matter?

No the slot doesn't matter for the most part as long as its above 200. But if you change it to 248 you'll need to change the config for your USB loader accordingly.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It does matter a bit, because there are certain slots dedicated to types of cIOS's. For example, Waninkoko or d2x cIOS can go in any slot from 245 to 250 and hermes cIOS can go in 202 and 222-224. If they are in other slots, USB loaders won't recognize or detect them. Here is the standard setup:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to return to cfg instead of the wii menu between games? I am tired of having to reload the wii every time I change games.

Edit: Answered in another thread.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to increase the parameter of a wbfs partitioned drive to hold more then 500 games, and how?

Thanks.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it? Simply use FAT32? I seem to remember from my reading somewhere some type of setting needing changed, as it is set by default to 500. I don't see how the partition type would be the limiting factor... my apologies if I am mistaken...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally