• Start date
  • Views 512,440
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
which backup loader is the best and easiest one to use right now?

should I switch to a harddrive? Because now I boot games from geckoOS with wiikey

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been noticing a lot of my NTSC-J games have been freezing a lot. I play from DVD's using Neogamma R7 with cios 249 rev 14.
Sin and Punishment 2 freezes a lot, and Bleach: Versus Crusade freezes equally as much. I'm lucky if I can get it to play. So... is there a quick fix around this? Is it a bad rip? Should I burn slower than 4x? Any suggestions would be helpful.

mike12a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that using "waninkoko's cIOS rev14" will prevent dual layer discs from being loaded via usb or disc.

Original game discs still function fine regardless of "waninkoko's cIOS rev14" or any other USB loader programs right?

Am I safe using the bannerbomb exploit if my wii is serial number LU35?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SectionX said:
which backup loader is the best and easiest one to use right now?

should I switch to a harddrive? Because now I boot games from geckoOS with wiikey
the best backup loader is probably USBloader GX or configurable usb loader
and playing games from USB is generally easier and most people prefer it over discs

Posts merged

QUOTE(saison @ Oct 28 2009, 12:25 PM) Hello, I'm new, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I have a question regarding the USB Loader GX.
I usually can run any backup ISOs on my USB drive, but for some reason I try to use The Godfather Blackhand Edition, and once I try to start it, it just goes straight to a black screen.
I have a 4.2u Wii and HBC and all that good HB stuff works cuz I softmodded it with the stickied guide somewhere on this forum... I would really appreciate the help
smile.gif
maybe you could try alt dol

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Folks, is there a way to launch the backup game (WiiFit,WiiFit Plus, Mario Kart etc) from it's own channel / dashboard or do I still need a disc inserted for that?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The channel always look to launch the games from the disc, so I don't think it is possible without the disc inserted for this to work...!!
smile.gif

Dazwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my USB loader working, I guess it was my laptop, because my friend added Brawl to my hard drive and it ran just fine. I did however come across a new problem. It seems like none of the USB loaders recognize RSBE01.gct despite it being in my sd:\codes folder. Any help with this?

ttttttrrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I have an american wii with D3-2, ver 3.4U.
I tried to install wii usb loader, and I follow some guide (some I found in youtube, and one in here), but all of them failed. Can someone give my link to a complate guide that will work on my wii
many thanks

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used my wiiremotes in another wii, now i can't sync them with mine, because my preloader starts the Configurable USB Loader and just cant sync, neither at the Pre Loader Screen;

Dont got any GC controller

Sry the poor english

dogballs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB Loader GX and it runs 35+ games fine. However, there are some I have trouble with and cannot find a config to work. Any advice ?? Really appreciate a direction to take. I understand if I were always trying to play a PAL game on my NTSC machine but that is not the case. Examples games are Rock Band, Rock Band Country, a boy and his blob, Scooby Fright Nights (PAL). thx

Ledzeppelinarock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I was in the hospital for a few weeks during the summer, and I haven't used my Wii since.

I just need to know if anything essential happened over the course of this time period(I stopped right around the Indiana Jones/Gostbusters "greenscreen" errors) that I need to know before I attempt running New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Much appreciation to any who help.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2 questions, since I've never used WBFS before.

1. Can you partition an SD card?
2. Can you use an all-in-one card reader for USB loading?
BTW, this is the card reader I'm using:
CR-201-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Xsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install Configurable USB Loader on my Wii, to load off of my FAT hard drive.

Whenever I open the installer from the homebrew channel, I get "Exception (ISI) occured!", followed by a long list of random numbers and letters.

Anyone know how to correct this issue?

koffie_adlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im really a noobie, sort of.
im known with installing and software backup on other devices, but here's the deal:

i have had a wiikey version 1 installed a long time ago, and everything went well, untill i installed the nintendo update which disabled the use of trucha signed games.
no disaster, but i find a lot more games not working right now.

and as holiday season is coming, and i want to play some cool games, i want this fixed.

-Old(est) european Wii
-i have 4.0E
-no Homebrew channel

-i would like to be able to load the games off dvd-r discs, as i already have some burned, and seen i have some empty discs in stock, while i actually only use em for wii backups

i would like some links that tell me what to do, because i know there a dozens of guides that tell me how to play backups, but all tell something different, so i dont understand what howto i should be looking for.

metzger52099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching the site for a little while now.....

I know its on here probably but there are ALOT of topics so I was wondering if someone can give me a hand please..

I have a modded wii with wiikey 2..

I also have heard about the way to run New Super Mario is by using usb loader with neogamma 7...

The problem is I have no clue about usbloader or neogamma or even homebrew channels....

Can someone just post the quick how to links for me (with where to download this stuff)...

Id appreciate it very much...

Thanks...

sikntwzd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem and need help. I have somehow corrupted my system files trying to play NSMB. I have a Wiikey 1 and a launch NTSC system. I have read that you can recover the system, but the recovery disc for wiikey is nowhere to be found. How can i restore my system so i can access "wii settings"?

Thanks

Hojo203

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

One short question to this section about usb loaders

I have PAL 4.2E wii one of the first units at the release date.
I updated from 4.1 to 4.2 with the 4.2 safe updater via homebrew channel.

I have homebrew channel Installed on 4.2.
also have lastest bootmii installed and have a recent copy of my wii's nand

so What I need to do in order to get USB loaders to work, like coverflow and usbloader gx??
Can USB loader be forwarded to the wii system menu on 4.2?

thank you in advance

-Hojo203

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4