• Likes 6

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
natemckn said:
dbest said:
On another thread I read about "alt dols", can someone tell me what these are?

I tried searching the site and google, but did not get any good response.

dol files are like exe for windows, they are the files that the wii runs. Games are made up of a dol file or two on the disc. There are some games that load the main dol then reload the IOS causing the USB loader to crash then try to load the game dol. To fix this, some loaders are implementing a technique where you copy the game dol to your SD card then have the loader load the game from there so it doesnt crash on the IOS reload

Thanks for that. Your response was very helpful.

So, if my games do not crash when loading from a USB drive, I do not need to bother about them.

I thought it was some way of running the game without the need of the actual game copy.
smile.gif
Pays to ask...rather than to assume.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dbest said:
natemckn said:
dbest said:
On another thread I read about "alt dols", can someone tell me what these are?

I tried searching the site and google, but did not get any good response.

dol files are like exe for windows, they are the files that the wii runs. Games are made up of a dol file or two on the disc. There are some games that load the main dol then reload the IOS causing the USB loader to crash then try to load the game dol. To fix this, some loaders are implementing a technique where you copy the game dol to your SD card then have the loader load the game from there so it doesnt crash on the IOS reload

Thanks for that. Your response was very helpful.

So, if my games do not crash when loading from a USB drive, I do not need to bother about them.

I thought it was some way of running the game without the need of the actual game copy.
smile.gif
Pays to ask...rather than to assume.

Its only needed for games that crash the usb loader using IOS reloading such as Mortal Kombat, Red Steel and a handful of others. Games that dont crash have no use for this

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the best/latest USB Backup Loader?
Preferebly with sd card support.
Where can I get download it-not as channel?
How do I install it, would I need to use wad manager or simply place in the apps folder?
Thanks in advance

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
arapozo said:
How do I play Wiiware games?
How do I play Virtual Console games?

Just install the game wad files using wad manager.

QUOTE(bik75 @ Jun 17 2009, 06:55 PM) What is the best/latest USB Backup Loader?
Preferebly with sd card support.
Where can I get download it-not as channel?
How do I install it, would I need to use wad manager or simply place in the apps folder?
Thanks in advance

The most popular seems to be USB Loader GX and you can just put it in the apps folder.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
arapozo said:
Ok, Ive installed IOS16 and then cIOS36_rev7, but when i run neogamma, it launches and I get to the menu but the wiimote turns off and I cant do nothing about it.
Help, what am I doing wrong?

I was having that problem but I then installed the cIOS38_rev13 and it works fine now.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all. I am on 3.4U with Custom IOS36 rev 10 installed. I would like to know the difference between Custom IOS36 rev 10 and Custom IOS38 rev 13. And if its safe to install this Custom IOS38 rev 13 over Custom IOS36 rev 10 without loosing the compatibility of my old games. Thanks in advance!

qubonepl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As it's my first post, Hello everybody
smile.gif

My Wii have 4.0u (NTSC-USA) soft version and now i want to run my games from hard disk (it will be only original games, copied from original dvd). I've install HBC (without downgrade to 3.4 ) without any additional IOS and cIOS (HBC works). I choosed to use SDUSB-Loader (maybe there is any better loader ?) and there is few question:
1. Should I install any additional IOS or cIOS to run only original games backuped from original dvds (I'm a minimalist and don't want to install anything that isn't really required)?
2. If I have to install any IOS (cIOS) what version should I choose and install ?
3. Can I have few version of IOS (cIOS) installed on my Wii (than when I boot game it choose proper version of IOS ? ) ?
4. What program can You suggest to copy games from dvd to hdd on Wii ?

Thanks for any answer.

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
sentinel5000 said:
Hi to all. I am on 3.4U with Custom IOS36 rev 10 installed. I would like to know the difference between Custom IOS36 rev 10 and Custom IOS38 rev 13. And if its safe to install this Custom IOS38 rev 13 over Custom IOS36 rev 10 without loosing the compatibility of my old games. Thanks in advance!

cIOS36 rev 10 vs. cIOS38 rev 13. Use the search.

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
qubonepl said:
As it's my first post, Hello everybody :)

My Wii have 4.0u (NTSC-USA) soft version and now i want to run my games from hard disk (it will be only original games, copied from original dvd). I've install HBC (without downgrade to 3.4 ) without any additional IOS and cIOS (HBC works). I choosed to use SDUSB-Loader (maybe there is any better loader ?) and there is few question:
1. Should I install any additional IOS or cIOS to run only original games backuped from original dvds (I'm a minimalist and don't want to install anything that isn't really required)?
2. If I have to install any IOS (cIOS) what version should I choose and install ?
3. Can I have few version of IOS (cIOS) installed on my Wii (than when I boot game it choose proper version of IOS ? ) ?
4. What program can You suggest to copy games from dvd to hdd on Wii ?

Thanks for any answer.

USB Loader GX supports copying games from DVD to HDD. It also supports a choice of cIOS to use. I have to use cIOS36 rev 10 because the new rev 13b doesn't detect my HDD (rev 10 has better HDD support). Those are the main cIOS choices plus there is also Hermes cIOS 222 that you can use as an alternative.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody help me, I was in the middle of COD5 online (backup/pirate copy whatever...) on my Wiikey v1 Chipped Wii and when I was in the middle of choosing through the menus after the match round, the screen flashed the screen went black and I got a disc read error. From that point on, all games I put in my drive, backups and original copies, seem to give me a DRE, sometimes some games load for half a minute or so and then give me another DRE and some just give me a DRE after I put a game in, there's some misterious clicking noises sometimes. I've used the official lens cleaner and it didn't help, any suggestions?

Kevenater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is a simple step by step guide to backing up my original games to verbatim dvd-r? I've ordered the lg 8164b drive and waiting for it to get here but can't seem to find a step by step guide to doing it and which files I'll need besides raw dump. thanks

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anybody having a problem with wiiflow only being able to load a game once? after i select a game it plays. but if i go back to wiiflow and try to load a different game, it just locks up and i have to restart the wii, and unplug the usb hdd so the wii will recognize it again. if this is common i understand. just curious if maybe there is a solution to this. i'm running cios 38 rev13b, seagate 1.5tb external hd partitioned(basically split in half) and i'm on system menu 4.0 with preloader 0.29. thanks in advance for any help.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here's my short question:

Which is the best system menu to run backup loaders (not one in particular)?

I'm currently on a Wii with 3.3v1 with cIOS36 rev8, and I would like to upgrade to 4.0 system menu (not officially, of course).

j4122002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii is using 3.2u by default (did not do a downgrade)
I was able to do the TP hack without any issues
I was able to load the homebrew channel without any issues
I then found a package file that contained the following wads (by the way i can run wad manager without any issues)

cios_5
cios_7
DVDX ( I installed this when i installed homebrew channel but installed it again)
wiigators gamma loader 0.1
wiigators gamma loader 0.3
softchip loader

After attempting to play my first back up (Boom Blox: Bash Party) on gamma loader 0.3 i got a black screen and after waiting a few minutes i powered down the wii.

I then searched the fourm and found some people are suggesting to install cios_13a or cios_13b i installed cios_13b it was defaulted to 249 and installed it

When i run Softchip loader it says that it finds 249 correctly but when i press A to launch the game i get an error (think its loctl error)

I tried re burning the game at the speed of 2x. I do not get any burn errors and im using IMGBurn with verbatim DVD-R

My question is should i just try another game or am i missing a vital step?
In searching i came across preloader and in that you can insert a Remove diag disc check do i need to do this as well?

Thank you for any suggestions

maxrichy

Trophies
XP
Country
this is prob extra n00b but is there a programe that i can use within Hombrew channel that will let me put a disk game in the wii and then make a back up copy to my usb harddrive that is plugged in the back of the wii?
thanks

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
maxrichy said:
this is prob extra n00b but is there a programe that i can use within Hombrew channel that will let me put a disk game in the wii and then make a back up copy to my usb harddrive that is plugged in the back of the wii?
thanks
This was just answered in the previous page *sigh* so yes that makes it extra n00b. At least read something before you start asking.

edit: Welcome to the forum.

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.0U Nintendo Wii. I done ALL the things to get backup loader. I tried to get the backup loader channel. Heres some problems/questions i have:

1. i downloaded cIOS, but when i load backup loader, it say DVD read error (324) no cIOS. How can i fix this?

2.I tried to download backup loader channel, but it say ticket error (same as the cIOS on the rev 7). any thing to fix this?

3. what does it mean as dvdx? where can i get it if its important for the BackUp loader?

4.Ya whats with this ticket thing when i download cIOS? When i use the WAD for cIOS rev 7 it say ticket error

(last questions...really!)

5.Does anyone know how to get backup channel? xD

6.opening wad file...ok, installing wad, please wait..., installing ticket....ERROR! ret=2011 Any ideas??

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
IchigoZX said:
I have a 4.0U Nintendo Wii. I done ALL the things to get backup loader. I tried to get the backup loader channel. Heres some problems/questions i have:

1. i downloaded cIOS, but when i load backup loader, it say DVD read error (324) no cIOS. How can i fix this?

2.I tried to download backup loader channel, but it say ticket error (same as the cIOS on the rev 7). any thing to fix this?

3. what does it mean as dvdx? where can i get it if its important for the BackUp loader?

4.Ya whats with this ticket thing when i download cIOS? When i use the WAD for cIOS rev 7 it say ticket error

(last questions...really!)

5.Does anyone know how to get backup channel? xD

6.opening wad file...ok, installing wad, please wait..., installing ticket....ERROR! ret=2011 Any ideas??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo